Healthcare Administrator Career Video for Health Administration Students
- Nursing Administration Video: Career Options in Nursing Healthcare Administration
- Medical Office Administration Professions Video: Career Options in Healthcare Administration
Healthcare Administrator Career Video for Health Administration Students Transcript
The main focus of healthcare is to provide medical care for patients, but there is a business side of the healthcare industry, too. Healthcare facilities of all sizes need professionals in management and administration who know how to keep things running smoothly and have a good understanding of medicine and healthcare.
A degree program in Health Administration is designed to give students an understanding of management issues in the healthcare industry and prepare them for management positions in hospitals and other medical facilities. Some bachelor's programs in Health Administration are available, but master's degree programs are more popular and are designed to give working health professionals, such as nurses, a greater understanding of management issues and prepare them for senior administrative positions.
Healthcare administrators are executives who direct, plan, coordinate and supervise the delivery of healthcare within a hospital or other medical facility. They may be in charge of specific clinical departments or may manage an entire facility or system. A Health Administration degree will provide students with training in health policy, legal issues, economics and program implementation. A graduate from a bachelor's level program in health administration will probably begin as an assistant to a department head in a large facility. A Master of Healthcare Administration graduate may begin work at a management level. For some positions, prior work experience in health or medicine is required.
Bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in Health Administration are offered by various colleges and universities in their schools of public health, business or public administration. Students may choose electives to focus on a specific area, such as hospitals, managed care or nursing homes. Some typical courses for a master's level degree program in Health Administration include:
- Organizational Behavior in Healthcare
- Healthcare Law
- Accounting in Healthcare
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Health Information Systems
- Healthcare Marketing
- Hospital Administration
Health management is an area where rapid employment growth is projected. Individuals with a degree in Health Administration can expect to find work in hospitals, public health clinics, mental health clinics, long term care facilities, managed care systems and private medical offices.
In general - If you're ready to move into the business end of the healthcare industry and you enjoy supervising and administrative duties, you may want to pursue a degree in Health Administration. Explore your degree options at a college or university near you.
Healthcare Administrator Career Video for Health Administration Students Related Articles
Few schools in the Augusta, GA, area have top ranking health administration programs. Read on to find out more about what these top...
Students interested in studying healthcare administration in Tampa, FL, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
Students looking to pursue an education in health services administration in the Richmond area have few schools to choose from. Read...
Students interested in studying healthcare management in the Las Vegas area have few schools from which they can select. Read about the...
Students interested in pursuing studies in health administration in the Henderson, NV, area have a few schools to choose from. Read about...
- Health Administration Courses in Norwalk, CT
- Health Administration Phd
- Health Administration Degree in Tennessee
- Health Care Administration Career Training in Lakeland, FL
- Health Care Administration Career Training in Florida
- Online Courses in Health Administration
- Health Administration Degree Programs in Troy, MI
- Top Master of Health Administration Degree Program - Jacksonville, FL
- Doctor of Health Administration: Online Degree
- Top School in Sacramento for Health Administration
- Bachelor of Science: Online Health Administration Degree
- Top School in Raleigh for a Healthcare Management Degree
Find out how to become a cytogenetic technician. Research the education requirements, and learn about the experience you need to advance...
Research the requirements to become a business law consultant. Learn about the job description and read the step-by-step process to start a...
Unlike a research-oriented Doctor of Philosophy degree, the Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) is intended for those who want to practice...
Find out about online histology courses and in which degree programs they're most commonly offered. Get course descriptions, program info...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- Master of Health Informatics
- Master of Health Information Management
- MS in Nursing - Nurse Administrator
- BS in Healthcare Administration
- Health Information Management
- BS in Health Science
- BS in Health Information Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Master of Arts in Health Care Administration
- BA/Health and Human Services - Health Care Informatics Systems
- BS/Health Information Management
- EdD in Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- MS in Health Care Administration
- MBA: Health Systems Management
- MS in Health Care Informatics
- MS in Nursing: Health Care Informatics
- Master of Public Administration - Health Care Management
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
- MBA in Health Care Management
- MBA Dual Concentration: BS Mgt. & Healthcare Mgt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: Healthcare Mgt. & Human Resources
- MBA Dual Concentration: Accounting & Healthcare Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration in Healthcare Management & Technology Management
- MBA Dual Concentration in Healthcare Management & Public Safety Leadership
- BS in Health Care Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- AS in Healthcare Management
- AS in Health Information Management
- AS in Medical Billing & Insurance Coding
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration
- DBA in Health Care Administration
- PhD in Business Administration - Health Care Administration
- MBA in Health Care Administration
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- DHA - Health Care Leadership
- DHA - Health Administration
- DHA - Health Policy and Advocacy
- MBA - Health Care Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- MHA - Health Administration
- MHA - Health Care Operations
- MHA - Health Care Informatics
- MHA - Health Care Leadership
- MS - Applied Research
- BS - Health Care Administration Leadership
- BS - Health Care Management (ACBSP-accredited)
- BS - Health Information Technology (ABET-accredited)
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Concentration