Hospitality Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in Hospitality Management
- Environmental Management Professions Video: Career Options
- International Business Video: Global Management and International Business Degree Info
Hospitality Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in Hospitality Management Transcript
Hospitality professionals can find themselves working in a variety of industries and locations. Restaurants, hotels, spas and resorts all employ individuals who provide hospitality for others. Even the fields of event planning, travel and tourism are part of the hospitality field.
Hospitality management professionals can be found in a variety of positions and settings, including spas, resorts, travel centers, restaurants or hotels. The field is one that affects a variety of businesses all over the world.
Job Duties and Skills
Those in the hospitality management profession need to have keen customer service skills. They will find themselves working long hours--even nights and weekends--and should be prepared to deal with a variety of clientele. Some of their job duties may include: event planning, travel planning, budgeting, employee management, scheduling, administration and maintenance. Typically, these individuals will have worked their way up or have been hired after obtaining a bachelor's degree in a related field, with on-the-job training specific to the organization or location they work for.
Though not always a necessity, many employers like to hire professionals in the hospitality management field with bachelor's degrees in hospitality management, tourism management or a similar field. Degrees in business or operations management are also beneficial when looking for a job in this field. On-the-job training is also offered, depending on the type of position and location you work for.
The area of hospitality management is broad and as such, positions can be found in a variety of locations all over the world. Individuals interested in the career may find themselves working in casinos, lodges, resorts, restaurants, spas, hotels or convention centers. Positions may include such titles as hotel managers, event planners, casino managers or travel agents. The area of hospitality is global and therefore spans through many industries, giving individuals a great variety of positions to choose from.
Those who are interested in travel or tourism may also be interested in a hospitality management career. Positions can be found in a variety of businesses and locations around the world. Education is available at technical schools as well as four-year universities, many of which offer hospitality management degrees or certificates. It is a career that has the potential for long hours, many of which can occur during nights or on weekends. Beyond a degree, further certification is not necessary, but can be found through professional organizations affiliated with the tourism and hospitality industry.
Hospitality Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in Hospitality Management Related Articles
Students who want to break into the hospitality field can consider an associate's degree in hospitality management. Get more information...
Students interested in studying hospitality management in Birmingham, AL, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top...
Students interested in studying hospitality management in the Bakersfield, CA, area have only a few schools to choose from. Read about...
Degrees in hospitality management typically cover the basics of hospitality administration. Find out about the requirements of these...
Learn what makes the two top schools for earning an MBA in hospitality management stand out. Find out about school rankings, program...
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality Management
- Masters Degree in Hospitality Management
- Distance Learning Degree Programs in Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Management Degree Program in Florida
- Bachelors Degree Program in Hospitality Management
- Distance Learning Hospitality Management Graduate Degree Program
- Hospitality Management Degree Programs in Utah
- Hospitality Management Masters Certificate Programs
- Executive MBA in Hospitality Management: Program Overviews
- Top School in Columbus, Ohio, for a Hospitality Management Degree
- Top School with Degree Programs in Hospitality Management - Atlanta, GA
- Best Degree Programs for Hospitality Management - Honolulu, HI
Learn how to become a public relations officer. Research the education requirements, training information, and experience required for...
Master's degree and Ph.D. programs in applied statistics are widely available and may interest students who have a background in mathematics...
Several careers are related to TV broadcasting. Read ahead to get information on training to enter the field, duties and the potential...
Research heavy equipment training programs in Indiana, which currently has two schools offering programs. Read an overview of degree...
- Charlotte, North Carolina (NC) Colleges
- Product Demonstrator Job Outlook and Information About Becoming a Professional Product Demonstrator
- Boat Technicians Job Outlook and Information About Starting a Career Repairing Boats
- Baltimore, Maryland (MD) Colleges
- Elementary Spelling Teacher Job Information for Those Interested in Teaching Spelling to Kids
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- BS in Hospitality Management
- BS in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- BA in Food & Beverage Management
- AS in Applied Science - Hospitality Management
- AS in Restaurant & Catering Management
- Diploma in Hospitality & Restaurant Business Management
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Restaurant Management
- Diploma in Event Management
- Certificate in Event Management
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Finance
- BS in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Investment Career Focus Area
- AAS in Business Administration - Food & Hotel Management
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Event Planning
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MBA - Media Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management: Human Resources Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management: Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management
- BA in Business Administration
- BA in Service Management - Hospitality Enterprise
- BA in Operations Management and Analysis
- BA in Organizational Management
- BA in International Business
- Master of Business Administration in Interdisciplinary Business
- Doctor of Management (DM) - General Concentration (Executive Format)
- Master of Business Administration
- BS - Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- BS - Business Administration - General
- Associate of Science in Business Administration
- PhD in Business Administration - Management
- DBA in General Business
- DBA in International Business
- DBA in Human Resources Management
- PhD in Business Administration - Marketing
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in General Business
- Accelerated Master of Business
- MBA in Management
- MBA in International Business
- Master of Business Administration - Strategic Management
- Master of Business Administration