How to Perform Your Best in a Job Interview Video
How to Perform Your Best in a Job Interview Video Transcript
It is important to identify what you don't do well in order to perform best in a job interview. Watching this video will help you identify the most common issues, habits and things you may not like that, when corrected, will help you perform best in a job interview.
- Providing Answers to Job Interview Questions
- Many applicants provide answers that are too long or too short in a job interview. This is a common issue that you and many applicants may run into.
- You can correct this by practicing your answers and recording them on audio or video. You will find that you can determine how much longer or shorter your answers should be. Modify them accordingly.
- Low Energy Performance at Your Job Interview
- Many applicants find, as you may have, that they have low energy or feel reserved when they arrive for their job interview. This is a common factor impairing your best performance.
- You can correct this by starting to talk in the car or anywhere else on your way to the job interview. This ensures you are not starting the interview at a zero energy point.
- Nervous Habits in Voice or Body Movement
- A common thing that applicants may have or continue to experience is nervous habits in their voice and body during a job interview. While these can impair your performance, they can be corrected.
- Have an observer when you rehearse the interview. This will help you become physically aware of what nervous habits you have so you can correct them. For example, if you have nervous movements with your hands, you can fold them in your lap. Nervous speech habits can be worked out with practice.
- Overselling and Underselling Skills at Job Interviews
- It is important that you tell people what you can do, and how you can do it better than the next person. There is no need to brag to communicate this fully.
- You should also practice delivering answers to potential questions at a job interview with a friend, in front of a mirror or on tape. Familiarize yourself with your answers, but do not memorize them.
How to Perform Your Best in a Job Interview Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
A college job may seem like a simple means to an end, a way to cover your bills and school expenses while you make your way through school....
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
College interviews are part of the admissions process at many higher ed institutions throughout the U.S. While not always mandatory, these...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become an atmospheric scientist. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as details...
By the time you reach senior year of high school, you may have some experience applying for jobs. The job application process can be...
- Video Production Certificate Programs in North Carolina
- Career Education in Video Production
- Universities Offering a Degree in Video Productions
- Video Production College
- Video Editing Degree
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Distance Learning Degree Program in Video Production
- Which College Majors Will Guarantee You a Job After Graduation?
- 2011's Biggest and Best Developments in Free, Open Education
- Get a Part-Time Job in College - Even if You Don't Need the Cash
- Best Schools for Student Parents
- 10 Things College Seniors Should Do Before Starting Your Job Search
- Medical Credentialing Specialist: Job Description and Requirements
- HVAC Service Specialists: Job Outlook, Duties and Requirements
- Be a Craftsman: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Certification Options for Operating Room Attendants
- Security Project Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
New York has approximately ten colleges and universities that offer non-profit organization management programs. Learn about degree...
Nail manicurists require some formal education. Learn about the necessary education, job duties and licensing information to see if this...