Human Resource Management Video: Career Options in Human Resources
- International Business Video: Global Management and International Business Degree Info
- Hospitality Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in Hospitality Management
Human Resource Management Video: Career Options in Human Resources Transcript
A career in HR management can account for many positions and opportunities. Whether you work for a small organization as a human resources generalist or for a large corporation as a certified compensation professional, many of the skills needed to work in the field will be the same. Read on to find out more about this profession.
Human resource management is a diverse field that requires great people skills and experience in dealing with a range of personalities. After taking direct coursework in human resources management, there are a variety of positions and opportunities that can be pursued, including: human resource generalists, human resource managers, benefits specialists and compensation managers.
Job Duties and Skills
As a professional in the human resource management field, you need to be prepared to deal with a variety of people on a daily basis. Conflict management is also a skill that should be learned during your studies and experience in the field. You must have the skills to write and communicate effectively. You may be charged with hiring, negotiating salary, setting up job descriptions, providing employee training or terminating employees. You must be fair-minded and be up-to-date on all company policies and procedures. Some employees in the field will also be in charge of establishing and maintaining an organization's pay scales and benefits packages.
A typical profession in the human resource management field will have a bachelor's degree in human resources, labor relations, or human resource administration. Advanced degrees are usually required for higher positions, such as a human resources director or manager. Previous experience in the field is helpful, though entry-level positions may be filled with someone who has recently graduated with an appropriate degree. Certification is not necessary when breaking into the field, but can be beneficial to those who want to move up the ranks. There are a variety of human resource certification options, some of which include: Certified Compensation Professional, Certified Benefits Professional, Global Remuneration Professional and Work-Life Certified Professional.
Career opportunities in the area of human resource management may depend on the size of the organization you work for. Human resource generalists, for example, are usually found in smaller organizations, though they handle all areas of human resources. In larger organizations, there may be opportunities to specialize in a certain area of the field or obtain duty-specific titles, such as director or human resources, benefits manager, compensation specialist or human resources manager.
As a professional in the human resource management field, you will learn a variety of skills that can be used whether working for small or large organizations. Employees who earn a bachelor's or advanced degree in the field are preferred over those who have no degree or limited experience.
Human Resource Management Video: Career Options in Human Resources Related Articles
Students interested in studying human resource management in Augusta, Georgia, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top...
Tulsa, OK, has three schools with programs in human resources. Find the best program for you by reading about schools' rankings, program...
Reno has one school with programs in human resource management. Find out if this is the school for you by reading about the school's...
Students looking to study human resource management in Pittsburgh have a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local school's...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a human resource manager. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as...
- Human Resource Management Degrees in MN
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program in Mclean, VA
- Human Resource Management Schools in Kansas City
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program in Illinois
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program in Miami
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program in Tennessee
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program in Colorado
- Human Resource Management: Coursework Overview
- Top Human Resource Management Degree - Albuquerque, NM
- Top College in Washington, DC, for Human Resource Management Courses
- Top Ranked Human Resource Management Degree - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Master's Programs for Human Resource Management - Jacksonville, FL
Electronics and computer technology degree programs differ in the type of electronics they focus on, but similarities exist as well....
A career as a chief innovation officer may be a good career choice for individuals interested in helping organizations create a dynamic,...
Two colleges within about 40 miles of Vancouver, WA, offer bookkeeping certificate and degree programs. Learn about the courses and...
Read about the top schools for media studies, including those that offer undergraduate and graduate programs in cinema studies,...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- Master of Science in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- DBA in Human Resources Management
- PhD in Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Doctor of Philosophy Organizational Leadership (PhD-OL)
- PhD in Business Administration - Management
- Ed.D. in Global Training & Development
- DBA in General Business
- MBA in Human Resources Management
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Accelerated Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Human Resources Management
- MBA in General Business
- Accelerated Master of Business
- MBA in Management
- Education Specialist in Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Management in Organizational Development and Change
- Doctor of Management in Global Leadership
- Doctor of Management (DM) - General Concentration (Executive Format)
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- BS - Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- BS - Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- BS - Business Administration - General
- BS in Psychology - Organizational Behavior
- Associate of Science in Business Administration
- MS in Strategic Human Resource Management
- MS in Organization Development & Leadership
- MBA Dual Concentration: HR & Project Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: BS Mgmt. & HR
- MBA Dual Concentration: Healthcare Mgt. & Human Resources
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA Dual Concentration in Accounting & Human Resources
- MBA Dual Concentration in Business Mgmt & Project Mgmt
- BS in Human Resources Management
- BS in Business Administration
- AS in Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Business Process Innovation
- Master of Business Administration in Interdisciplinary Business