Idaho State University Video Review
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Video: Becoming a C.N.A.
- Speech Therapist Video: Career Options in the Speech Therapy and Speech Pathology Fields
Idaho State University Video Review Transcript
Idaho State University is located in Pocatello, Idaho approximately 230 miles southeast of Boise. The most popular majors are nursing, secondary education, elementary education, social work, audiology and speech pathology. Idaho State University offers certificates in addition to associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs.
Idaho State University, which is located in the urban community of Pocatello, has a main campus set in the mountains of southeast Idaho. ISU serves students in eight additional locations throughout the state.
ISU offers certificates as well as associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees through its seven colleges. The university enrolls a large number of older, non-traditional students who live and work off-campus. A full 87 percent of graduates enter the job market in a field related to their major within two years of graduation.
The most popular major at ISU is nursing, which includes R.N. through M.S.N. training. Other popular majors include secondary education, elementary education, social work, audiology and speech-language pathology. Class sizes are generally small; 65 percent of classes are held with less than 20 students.
Students can also participate in almost 150 registered campus organizations, including six fraternities and sororities, a student-run newspaper and television station, a host of student activities, various honor societies, and religious, minority and international student organizations.
Students who want to attend ISU will face a 'selective' admission process with an 80 percent acceptance rate. Students who are admitted to Idaho State typically graduate in the top 50 percent of their high schools classes, have grade point averages of 3.3 and ACT test scores between 18 and 24.
-statistics compiled by U.S. News and World Report in its annual list 'America's Best Colleges.'
Idaho State University Video Review Related Articles
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a social worker. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as details about...
Have you ever thought about a career in social work? If you like helping others in need, you might consider the field. Here are a few of...
Get the specifics of Master of Social Work degree programs at three top universities. Learn about school rankings, program options and...
See our list of the top free online social work courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to find the...
Graduate students enrolled in a Master of Social Work (MSW) program and/or active social work professionals may obtain a certificate in...
- Online Masters Degree in Elementary Education
- Masters Degree Programs in Health Education
- Online Masters Degree in Music Education
- Online Masters of Physical Education Degree
- Online Masters Degree in Physical Education
- Online Master's Degree Programs in Teaching Special Education
- Masters Degree Online Mathematics Education
- Top Schools for Nursing
- What President Obama's Speech Means for College Students and Job Seekers
- Study.com 2010 Scholarship Winners: Nursing
- Overview of Nursing License Requirements
- Graduate Nursing Scholarships: How to Find Them
Some colleges and universities offer online liberal arts programs at the bachelor's and master's degree levels while others also offer...
A legal nurse consultant is a registered nurse (RN) who has completed specialized training, typically in the form of a certificate program....
Aspiring stock brokers, or traders, might want to consider earning a bachelor's degree in finance or a master's degree in business...
There are almost 100 schools in New York State that have computer information systems degree programs. Read an overview of the ten largest...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- Diploma in Construction Electrician Foundation
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Assistant
- MBA Dual Concentration in Accounting & Technology Management
- MBA Dual Concentration in Accounting & Public Safety Leadership
- MBA Dual Concentration in Healthcare Management & Public Safety Leadership
- MBA Dual Concentration in Healthcare Management & Project Management
- MBA Dual Concentration in Business Management & Public Safety Leadership
- MBA Dual Concentration in Human Resources & Technology Management
- BS in Computer Science - Software Engineering
- BS in Software Development - Computer Programming Concentration
- AS in Computer Science
- MS - Computer Science - Software Engineering
- MBA in Health Care Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Cognition and Instruction
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Performance Psychology
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- BS in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
- BS in Public Safety and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Information Systems
- BS in Business Admin. - Business Intelligence
- M.S. Athletic Training
- M.S. Nursing - Psychiatric Mental Health
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. General Studies - Criminal Justice
- B.S. General Studies - Life Sciences
- B.S. Business Information Systems
- A.S. General Studies - Life Sciences
- Graduate Biology Certificate
- Doctor of Psychology - Health and Wellness Psychology
- Doctor of Psychology in Mental Health Administration
- MA in Human Services, Mental Health Administration
- Collision Repair and Refinish Technology
- Marine Technician Specialist
- Diesel Technology
- Motorcycle Technician Specialist
- Automotive Technology
- NASCAR Technology
- Ph.D. Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- BS in Health Sciences