International Business Video: Global Management and International Business Degree Info
International Business Video: Global Management and International Business Degree Info Transcript
If you have an interest in business as well as a desire to see and understand the world, you may want to pursue a degree program in international business and global management. In this program you will learn the fundamentals of business and how they pertain to a global economy. You will study international importing and exporting and trade, as well as global economics, finance, marketing and commerce.
Thanks to advancements in technology and communication, opportunities to conduct business on a worldwide scale are greater than ever. National economies have been opened, international trade tariffs lowered. Items can now be sold between countries much easier than before. All of this makes earning a degree in international business and global management a more viable option for the business college student than it was twenty-five or thirty years ago. A degree program in international business and global management broadens the student's awareness of the global picture and educates him or her on the challenges faced by businesses dealing in a global economy.
A degree program in international business and global management helps students gain the knowledge and skills needed to pursue business careers internationally. Programs are available on both an undergraduate and graduate level. Coursework typically goes beyond just covering the basics of a business career. It also focuses on understanding global differences and cultural diversity as they pertain to communication, management, marketing and other facets of the worldwide marketplace. Students will study communication and negotiation, critical thinking processes, marketing strategies, operations management and will learn how to compete and thrive in the twenty-first century. Students are also required to take one or two foreign languages as part of this program and will often get the opportunity to take a semester or two of school in a foreign country.
Many of the management positions available internationally are the same types of jobs available domestically. The difference, of course, is that international jobs cover a much broader and more varied marketplace. Graduates of an international business and global management degree program become employed in areas such as, human resources, finance, marketing and sales, as well as other business fields.
Higher Learning/Graduate Opportunities
A Master's of Business Administration in International Business and Global Management is available to any student with a bachelor's degree in any number of business disciplines. While someone with a bachelor's degree in International Business and Global Management can be eligible for many entry-level management positions, a master's degree is recommended to increase opportunities for advancement. Those pursuing a master's degree can also choose to specialize in areas such as, communications, marketing, financial management, trade and legal operations.
An international business and global management degree program is for those interested in expanding their horizons beyond the United States. Graduates who go on to work in other countries or with businesses located inside and outside of the U.S. not only enhance their opportunities in the global workplace; they also gain an understanding of the world and its diversity.
International Business Video: Global Management and International Business Degree Info Related Articles
New York City has several schools with programs in international business. Find the best program for you by reading about one school's...
Students interested in studying global management or international business in Washington, DC, have nine schools to choose from. Read...
Students interested in studying international business in San Antonio have a few schools to choose from. Read about the top school's...
Few schools in the Albuquerque, NM, area have international business-related programs. Read on to find out what one school has to offer...
Five schools in the Dallas, TX, area have top ranking international business programs. Read on to find out more about what one of these...
- Online Global Business Management Certificate Program
- Global Business Management Courses in Las Vegas
- Restaurant Business Management Degree Program in Atlanta
- Associates Degrees in Business Management
- Business Management Career Training in Los Angeles
- Restaurant Business Management Degrees in North Carolina
- Restaurant Business Management Certificate Programs in NY
- Online International Business Management Courses
- Top Cincinnati School for International Business Management
- Top School in Sacramento for an International Business Degree
- Top International Business Management Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Online Global Business Management Bachelor of Science Degree
Learn how to become an entertainment publicist. Research the education requirements, training information, and experience required for...
Find out how to become a radiology transcriptionist. Research the education and training requirements, and learn about the experience you...
Research online business certificate and diploma programs. Find out what you can learn in these courses and what you'll need in order to...
Aspiring athletic trainers can pursue bachelor's degrees in athletic training. These programs provide students with a strong knowledge of...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MS in Applied Economics
- Certificate in Science, Technology, and International Security Studies
- DBA in International Business
- PhD in Business Administration - International Business
- PhD in Business Administration - Management
- DBA in General Business
- DBA in Financial Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in General Business
- Accelerated Master of Business
- MBA in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Strategic Management
- Doctor of Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business for Secondary Education
- BS in Applied Management
- BS in Business Admin.
- BS in Finance and Economics
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA Dual Concentration in Business Mgmt & Project Mgmt
- MBA Dual Concentration: HR & Project Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: BS Mgmt. & HR
- BS in International Business
- BS in Business Admininstration - Business Management
- BS in Business Administration
- AS in Business Administration
- Associate of Science - Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Triple Concentration
- MBA - Finance
- BS in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Investment Career Focus Area
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Business Administration - Project Management
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Sales