MBA Alternatives Video
MBA Alternatives Video Transcript
While an MBA degree may work for higher level employees, it may not work at all times or for all cases. Watching this video will establish what a master's degree in business can and cannot do, and what alternatives to business school exist. Some of these alternatives include reading books, taking marketing, accounting, finance, and human resources courses from a university continuing education program, and on the job training.
- What MBAs Can and Can't Do
- An MBA is not a ticket to advancement, as completion of the video establishes. It needs to be combined with experience for high level jobs. Many pursue an MBA once they have a high level of education or experience.
- If you've been at a low level job, an MBA won't do that much. You need to learn political savvy, leadership skills and gain an aptitude for people management. This calls for books, research, experience and learning on the job.
- Other Degree Alternatives to the MBA
- A master's degree in marketing is a good alternative to the MBA for marketing. Likewise, so is a master's degree in human resources or management for those fields.
- A master's degree in nonprofit management or a master's degree in public policy or health administration can also serve as an alternative to an MBA. Some become certified public accountants instead of earning their MBA.
- Non Degree Alternatives to an MBA
- Just take some business courses at a university continuing education program. For marketing, maybe you don't need a whole marketing MBA. For management, human resources or venture capital skills, the same applies.
- Most entrepreneurs don't have an MBA. They may have taken courses and learned by doing. Maybe they hired an MBA themselves. However, you don't always need an MBA. Experience learned on the job or in your field may be sufficient.
MBA Alternatives Video Related Articles
A new survey just released by Kaplan Test Prep shows that MBA applicants still favor the GMAT over the GRE - even though most agree that...
A Master of Business Administration in International Business program typically covers finance, marketing and human resource topics on an...
International business degrees are often required due to increasing globalization and the growing number of businesses currently...
An MBA in Agriculture is also referred to as a Master of Agribusiness or Master of Agricultural Economics. These programs teach students...
Find out which schools offering Executive MBA programs are considered some of the best. See why these schools stand out, and learn more...
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Hospitality MBA Degree
- Correspondence MBA Degree
- MBA in NJ
- MBA Florida
- MBA Programs in Virginia
- MBA in Dallas
- Careers for Operations Management MBA Graduates
- Best Online MBA Schools: List of Top Schools
- Cost of an Online MBA: Average Program Tuition and Fees
- Online MBA Programs for Working Adults: How These Programs Work
- Salary of an MBA Graduate in Project Management
Certified public accountants (CPAs) and certified management accountants (CMAs) both assist clients with finances; however, their areas of...
Accelerated master's degrees can be earned in a couple different ways. Continue on to find more information on accelerated master's...
Research elementary teaching degree programs in Wisconsin, which currently has 28 colleges offering programs. Read an overview of degree...
Discover the requirements to become an SMT equipment technician in this lesson. Learn about the job description and see the step-by-step...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Business Process Innovation
- Accelerated MBA Accounting
- Accelerated MBA Entrepreneurship and Managing Innovation
- Accelerated MBA Financial Management
- Accelerated MBA International Business
- Accelerated MBA Marketing Management
- Accelerated Masters in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration in Taxation
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Taxation
- MS in Applied Economics
- MA in Public Management
- M.B.A. with an Emphasis in Project Management
- Master of Science in Organizational Growth and Sales
- MBA: Accounting
- MBA: Finance
- MBA: Marketing
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Science in Agile Project Management
- Master of Science in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- Master of Science in Measurement and Evaluation