MBA Alternatives Video
MBA Alternatives Video Transcript
While an MBA degree may work for higher level employees, it may not work at all times or for all cases. Watching this video will establish what a master's degree in business can and cannot do, and what alternatives to business school exist. Some of these alternatives include reading books, taking marketing, accounting, finance, and human resources courses from a university continuing education program, and on the job training.
- What MBAs Can and Can't Do
- An MBA is not a ticket to advancement, as completion of the video establishes. It needs to be combined with experience for high level jobs. Many pursue an MBA once they have a high level of education or experience.
- If you've been at a low level job, an MBA won't do that much. You need to learn political savvy, leadership skills and gain an aptitude for people management. This calls for books, research, experience and learning on the job.
- Other Degree Alternatives to the MBA
- A master's degree in marketing is a good alternative to the MBA for marketing. Likewise, so is a master's degree in human resources or management for those fields.
- A master's degree in nonprofit management or a master's degree in public policy or health administration can also serve as an alternative to an MBA. Some become certified public accountants instead of earning their MBA.
- Non Degree Alternatives to an MBA
- Just take some business courses at a university continuing education program. For marketing, maybe you don't need a whole marketing MBA. For management, human resources or venture capital skills, the same applies.
- Most entrepreneurs don't have an MBA. They may have taken courses and learned by doing. Maybe they hired an MBA themselves. However, you don't always need an MBA. Experience learned on the job or in your field may be sufficient.
MBA Alternatives Video Related Articles
A new survey just released by Kaplan Test Prep shows that MBA applicants still favor the GMAT over the GRE - even though most agree that...
A Master of Business Administration in International Business program typically covers finance, marketing and human resource topics on an...
International business degrees are often required due to increasing globalization and the growing number of businesses currently...
An MBA in Agriculture is also referred to as a Master of Agribusiness or Master of Agricultural Economics. These programs teach students...
Find out which schools offering Executive MBA programs are considered some of the best. See why these schools stand out, and learn more...
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Hospitality MBA Degree
- Correspondence MBA Degree
- MBA in NJ
- MBA Florida
- MBA Programs in Virginia
- MBA in Dallas
- Careers for Operations Management MBA Graduates
- Best Online MBA Schools: List of Top Schools
- Cost of an Online MBA: Average Program Tuition and Fees
- Online MBA Programs for Working Adults: How These Programs Work
- Salary of an MBA Graduate in Project Management
Jobs that involve writing stories can be diverse, from being a college professor to working for a newspaper. It all depends on what kind of...
Psychologists need a significant amount of formal education. Learn about degree programs, job duties and licensure requirements to see if...
Every year, the Teach for America (TFA) program sends thousands of recent college graduates into troubled school districts to help...
A school's accreditation means that the school or its programs adhere to a recognized standard of academics. Here, you can find...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MS in Applied Economics
- MA in Public Management
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA Dual Concentration: HR & Project Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: BS Mgmt. & HR
- MBA Dual Concentration in Business Mgmt & Project Mgmt
- MBA in Technology Management
- MBA Dual Concentration in Accounting & Project Management
- M.B.A. with an Emphasis in Project Management
- Master of Science in Organizational Growth and Sales
- MBA: Accounting
- MBA: Finance
- MBA: Marketing
- MBA - Self-Designed
- MBA - Accounting
- MBA - HR Management
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Strategic Management
- Master of Arts in Law - Business
- Master of Arts in Law - Human Resources Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Futures Studies
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - HR Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Interdisciplanry Studies