Political Science Degree Program and Career Video
Political Science Degree Program and Career Video Transcript
Bachelor degrees in Political Science, like many other degrees, provide a well-rounded, liberal arts education, in addition to courses taught about politics and law. If you are interested in obtaining your bachelor degree in Political Science, this video provides a good introduction to getting started on your way.
Political Science is a very popular bachelor degree program that is primarily concerned with the study of governments, public policies, political systems and political behavior .
Political science covers all facets of political institutions from small, localized citizen organizations to individual nations. Political scientists help measure the success of governance and policies by examining factors such as stability, justice, material wealth and peace.
Most colleges and universities offer a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science where students will learn the framework of political processes. Many schools have concentrations where students will be able to focus on particular aspects of political science, such as international relations, political theory, public policy, public administration, national politics or comparative politics.
Typical political science courses include:
- Contemporary Political Issues
- Political Science Research and Statistics
- Law and Cultural Politics
- Survey of Western Political Thought
- American National Politics and Government
- Introduction to International Relations
Since political science is a broad liberal arts program, there are many job fields available upon graduation. Career options exist within federal, state and local governments, international organizations and nonprofit associations. Political science majors also work in political campaigns and even fields of business and journalism.
A political science degree also lends itself to higher educational opportunities. Popular graduate program for political science majors include public administration and law. Students will then be given a chance to focus their interests and area of study for careers in public service and leadership.
If learning about government and public policy interests you, check local colleges and universities for programs near you.
[#1] American Political Science Assocation www.apsanet.org
Political Science Degree Program and Career Video Related Articles
Learn about top schools with political science programs leading to a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree. Discover school and program...
Research online political science courses and doctoral programs. Find out what you can learn in these courses and what you'll need in...
Learn about political science with these online courses and learning materials. See the full list of available political science courses...
Political Science is generally offered at the bachelor's degree level. Continue reading for an overview of the major as well as career...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a political scientist. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as details...
- Careers with a Political Science Degree
- What Can I Do with a Political Science Degree
- Distance Learning Political Science Degree
- Masters Degree in Political Science
- Online Bachelor of Political Science Degree Programs
- Political Science Master Degree Online
- Top Political Science Colleges
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- Constitutional Law Course Overviews
- Distance Learning Latin American Studies Programs
- Careers in Political Sociology: Education Options and Requirements
- Online Political Science Colleges: How to Choose
Medical microbiology is studied at the postsecondary level and focuses on organisms that cause diseases. Continue reading for an overview of...
Web designers require significant formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and employment outlook to see if this is the right...
Spa receptionists require little formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and skill requirements to see if this is the...
There are sixteen not-for-profit colleges located in and around Everett, Washington. Here you can learn about key attributes of the public...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MA in Public Management
- MA in Government
- Master of Liberal Arts
- M.Ed in Curriculum & Instruction - Social Studies
- Master of Arts in Government
- Master of Arts in Government - American Government
- Master of Arts in Government - Political Theory
- Master of Arts in Government - Religion and Politics
- Master of Public Administration - Federal Government
- Master of Public Administration - Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - American Government and Politics
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics and History
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Government
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- Master of Public Administration - Government and Policy
- Bachelor of Arts in History for Secondary Education (ITL)
- MBA - Public Administration
- Doctor of Management in Global Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Master of Science in Management - Public Administration
- BS - Business Administration - Public Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology - Therapy with Military Families
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership - Public Administration