Preschool Teacher Video: Educational Requirements for Preschool Teachers
Preschool Teacher Video: Educational Requirements for Preschool Teachers Transcript
Teaching is widely regarded to be among the most important and rewarding professions. Preschool teaching is often thought to be especially important given its prominent role in the formative years of a child's development. While these programs were once found only in select areas, employment opportunities in pre-school education are on the rise throughout the nation.
Preschool teachers are responsible for preparing children for elementary school. Most students at this age have not yet developed the cognitive abilities for such tasks as reading, writing or math. Preschool teachers build the foundation skills students use later to succeed academically. Social skills, another strong factor in school success, are also emphasized. Most preschool lessons consist of games and other group activities designed to promote learning through interaction with others. These group sessions allow for language and social development while building basic skills in art, music, science and math. It's the job of preschool teachers to set up and oversee these activities. Preschool teachers must also evaluate children to ensure they are learning academic skills, exhibiting appropriate social behaviors and developing in other healthy ways.
Education requirements for preschool teachers can vary by state. In some areas, a bachelor's degree in early childhood education is required for licensure. Other states may license preschool teachers who have earned an associate's degree or certification through a widely recognized authority (as in the case of the Child Development Associate credential). Preschool educators most often take courses in child development and educational theory. Education and certification programs typically incorporate academic study with in-the-classroom experiences to prepare students for their work with children. Requirements for preschool teachers in private settings are not federally regulated, but most often these professionals are required to have post-secondary education or certification of some kind.
Teaching is widely regarded to be among the most important and rewarding professions. Many are drawn to preschool education in particular because it allows teachers a unique opportunity to play a prominent role in children's healthy development. If you have a love for children and teaching a career as a preschool teacher might be for you.
Preschool Teacher Video: Educational Requirements for Preschool Teachers Related Articles
Preschool teacher positions sometimes require formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and certification requirements to...
States have several different requirements for preschool teachers - from high school to specific college majors and certification. Online...
Get information about online training programs to become a preschool teacher. Read about program requirements, course descriptions and...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a preschool teacher. Get a quick view of the requirements as well as details...
A lead preschool teacher is an experienced educator who develops curricula, supervises staff and teaches on a limited basis. His or her...
- Preschool Teacher Requirements
- Preschool Teacher
- Preschool Teacher Certification
- Preschool Teacher Training
- Becoming a Preschool Teacher
- Preschool Teacher Qualifications
- Preschool Teaching
- Preschool Teacher: Job Duties & Requirements
- Preschool Teacher's Assistant: Job Description and Requirements
- Economics Teachers: Job Outlook & Requirements
- Online Courses for Preschool Teachers: Course and Class Descriptions
- Kindergarten Teacher: Job Outlook & Career Info
Learn about online associate's degrees in emergency medical services. Get an overview of the program types, requirements, and course...
Bartending schools can assist students with compliance with state or local laws that affect alcohol sales and service, as well as gain...
There are 106 institutions within a 25-mile radius of Essington, Pennsylvania. To find out whether one of them meets your educational...
Learn how to become a life sciences teacher. Research the job description and the education and licensing requirements and find out how to...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MS in Education (for Practicing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- MS in Higher Ed - College Teaching and Learning
- BS in Early Childhood Administration
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- Ed.D. in Early Childhood Education
- PhD in Education - Early Childhood Education
- PhD in Education - Curriculum & Teaching
- Ed.D. in Curriculum & Teaching
- Ed.D in General Education
- EdD - Learning Analytics in Higher Education
- Master of Education - Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education - Curriculum & Teaching
- Master of Education - General Education
- MEd in PK-12 Principal Leadership
- Education Specialist in Early Childhood Education
- Education Specialist in Curriculum and Teaching
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Behavioral Health
- M.Ed. in Early Childhood
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- MA in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- BS in Early Childhood
- BA in AcceleratED Early Childhood Education Leadership
- AS in Early Childhood Education : Special Needs
- AS in Early Childhood Education: Child Development
- Certificate in ECE
- B.S. Early Childhood Education - Non-Licensure
- A.S. Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education