Pros and Cons of Attending a Private University Video
Pros and Cons of Attending a Private University Video Transcript
Take this in-depth look at attending private colleges and universities. Private institutions have a great deal of advantages, such as smaller class sizes, easier access to professors and a higher percentage of on time graduation rates. Within this video, students will learn to weigh these advantages with the high tuition costs generally associated with private institutions and decide for themselves whether attending a private college is right for them.
Pros and Cons of Attending a Private University Video Overview
- There are large private universities, such as USC or NYU, but generally private colleges and universities are more intimate and have a smaller campus experience rather than that of public universities with 400 students in a class.
- Lower enrollments mean smaller class sizes, an intimate campus feel, more access to professors and greater networking opportunities.
- At most private universities, it is easier to get classes because of lower enrollments, so it is much easier to graduate on time. Also smaller classes mean you can get to know your classmates and professors better in a family environment.
- Major Disadvantages
- The higher cost of tuition at private colleges and universities is the major disadvantage, but with smaller classes sizes making it easier to get the classes needed to graduate on time, that cost difference might be offset by getting done quicker. If it takes five or six years to complete a degree at a large public university, such as one in the University of California system, you are paying additional tuition for the extra semesters.
- Another disadvantage might be the type of student you are. If you like to come in late, not be noticed or called on by your professor, then a private college might not be for you. Professors often take roll call, and it is important that you are there.
Pros and Cons of Attending a Private University Video Related Articles
Dr. Michel DeGraff is a professor of linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). In two of his current projects, he's...
Are you looking for access to free scholarly information on the Web? If so, continue reading for a look inside the global Directory of...
Are you intimidated by your professors or just unsure how to approach them for a letter of recommendation? Read on to learn how to choose...
A recent study conducted by Harvard examines how 'Gen X' faculty approach their scholarly careers and work-life balance. The survey found...
Certification in Microsoft Access is offered under the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) program, which is administered by Certiport. MOS...
- Accredited College University
- University and College Courses
- Online Degree Accredited College University
- University Center, Michigan (MI) Colleges
- Information College University Requirements in Photography Industry
- Universities Offering a Degree in Video Productions
- University, Mississippi (MS) Colleges
- Job Resumes 2.0: Creating a Video Resume
- Microsoft Access Database Specialist: Job Outlook and Info
- Should Professors Be Able to Assign Their Own Textbooks?
- What to Look for When Selecting Professors
- Utah Valley University in Orem, UT
There are several options for Air Force ROTC colleges in Indiana. Learn about some of the available schools throughout the state and compare...
A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in English or English literature is useful for those interested in teaching at the college level. Programs at...
The Master of Social Work (MSW) degree is required for work as a clinical social worker. Programs are available at private and public...
Get information about online programs for licensed vocational nursing. Learn about program requirements, course topics, degree levels, and...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Health Administration in Health Systems Management
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Certificate
- Master of Science in Finance
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication - Advocacy and Social Impact Concentration
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Public Administration and Policy
- Master of Science in Agile Project Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Graduate Certificate in Agile Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Science in Communication
- Master of Science in Education in Special Education
- Master of Science in Engineering Technology
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Master of Science in Education in Learning Design and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication Management
- MSHS in Health Care Quality
- MA in Education and Human Development in Secondary Special Education and Transition Services
- MA in Education and Human Development in Special Education for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners
- MA in Education and Human Development in Educational Leadership and Administration
- MA in Education and Human Development in Educational Technology Leadership
- MA in Education and Human Development in Organizational Leadership and Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Quality
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Graduate Certificate in Special Education for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners
- Graduate Certificate in Transition Special Education
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership and Administration
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Human Resources
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Operations Management
- Master of Accountancy
- Executive Certificate in Health Administration
- Health Informatics Certificate
- Enterprise Resource Planning Certificate
- Supply Chain Management Certificate
- MA in Communication
- Master of Liberal Arts
- MA in Science Writing
- MS in Applied Economics
- MS in Geographic Information Systems
- MS in Bioinformatics
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Government Analytics
- Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Applied Research for Communication
- MS in Food Safety Regulation
- Certificate in Science Writing
- Certificate in Science, Technology, and International Security Studies
- Post-Master's Certificate in Sequence Analysis & Genomics
- MS in Teaching & Learning
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Finance
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master - Information Technology Management
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- BS in Communication
- BS in Human Services
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Project Management
- BS in Marketing
- Undergraduate Specialization - Criminal Forensics
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Undergraduate Certificate - Project Management
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Graduate Certificate - Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Certificate: Post Conflict State Reconstruction and Sustainability
- Doctor of Business Administration - Management
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- EdD in Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
- EdD in Organizational Leadership - Special Education
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Cognition and Instruction
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Gerontology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Human Factors
- MA in Curriculum and Instruction
- MS in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- MS in Psychology: General Psychology
- M.A. in Communication with an Emphasis in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Business for Secondary Education
- BS in Applied Management
- BS in Psychology
- B.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance and Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- BS in Accounting
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in GeroPsychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Forensic Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Human Factors Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Life Coaching