The Basic Sections of a Resume Video
The Basic Sections of a Resume Video Transcript
The basic sections of a resume are the most important for you to focus on. Completion of the video will walk you through listing the name and contact section, your objective, your experience and your education.
- Name and Contact Information
- This section of your resume is centered at the top. It contains your email address and phone number. Many are no longer listing their street address for privacy reasons.
- Answer the phone number on your resume professionally. It might be your future employer.
- Resume Objective
- Never list a cliche on this part of the resume, such as, 'To secure employment with a growing and dynamic company'. All you need to write in this section is the position you're seeking. For example, you could write, 'To seek a position as a video game programmer.'
- You need to know what you want. Conversely, you do not necessarily need to say so on your resume.
- Resume Experience Section
- List your title, the company, and the city and state it was located in bold in this resume section. You should list intern or volunteer experience as a title. For example, an intern at a marketing firm could be listed as 'marketing intern.'
- Match what you've done on the job to what the job ad is looking for. List all positions in this resume section in reverse chronological order, most recent first.
- Resume Education Section
- This resume is at the top for new graduates with less experience. After a few years, it goes at the bottom, the experience section of the resume being first.
- Add training and certificates if you are a graduate student or have a degree in progress. Degrees in progress should be listed in this resume section with expected date of completion. If a certificate matches the job description, list it here.
The Basic Sections of a Resume Video Related Articles
- Recently Updated
Are you a video game nut? It's hard not to be with so many great games out on the market today. But how do you avoid becoming the...
Whether you're getting ready to graduate and go into the workforce or just hunting for that perfect college job, having a polished resume is...
Resume writing can be challenging, but it's an essential skill for anyone in the job market. Whether you're searching for work now or just...
With prospective students constantly seeking new ways to impress admissions officers and colleges trying to stay on the cutting edge to...
A video resume can allow you to get you face-to-face with potential employers and may give you the edge you need to get your foot in the...
- Career Education in Video Production
- Video Production Certificate Programs in North Carolina
- Universities Offering a Degree in Video Productions
- Video Production College
- Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
- Video Editing Degree
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Resume Tips: Picking Good References
- Associate of Film and Video: Degree Overview
- Job Description of a Video Blogger: Duties and Requirements
- OCW People's Choice Award Winner: Best Video Lectures
- Video Production Assistant: Employment & Career Info
- Saving Young Lives: Study.com Speaks with the Founder of Homeboy Industries
- District Attorney: Career Info and Education Requirements
- Free Courses with the Best User Experience: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Career Information for a Degree in Auditing
- Career Information for a Degree in Journalism
Minds Matter is a national organization that helps high-achieving, low-income youth prepare for and succeed in college. Education Portal...
A master's degree program in early childhood special education acquaints students with the nature of disabilities in children and offers...