To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video
To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video Transcript
Whether going back to school for an MBA degree is for you or not is an important decision. This video will guide you through the process of weighing the decision, understanding the necessary commitment, assessing your own position and deciding if taking the next step and applying to business colleges and universities is the right path for you.
- What an MBA Can Do
- After watching this video, you'll come to understand pursuing an MBA as a big decision that could help advance your career. It opens up a wide variety of positions in finance and management.
- An MBA also provides access to your business school's alumni network. Aside from connections, it provides the skills needed for venture capital endeavors, marketing strategy and the skill set necessary for an engineer's transition from the technical side to the business side.
- The Commitment Required for an MBA
- Pursuing your MBA is a big commitment. It can take 2 or 3 years of study part time.
- Tuition may cost something like $40,000 per year. There may also be lost opportunities in your current field due to the time you spent in the program.
- Self Assessment
- You will need to know your goals. It will also be necessary to examine what skills an MBA can provide.
- After examining what skills you can acquire, you will need to decide where you want your career path to go. Ask yourself how an MBA will help your career.
- How to Decide if an MBA is For You
- You should talk to recent MBA graduates. Ask how earning the degree affected their careers and what they gained.
- You can also complete a pre-MBA assessment online at http://www.careerleader.com. This online assessment has been recommended by Harvard business school career counselors, although many schools provide it for free to students. It shows whether your interests lie in 27 career paths among management, entrepreneurship, marketing or finance.
To MBA or Not to MBA: A Business Decision Video Related Articles
A Master of Business Administration in International Business program typically covers finance, marketing and human resource topics on an...
International business degrees are often required due to increasing globalization and the growing number of businesses currently...
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) in sports business includes sports management and marketing concepts. Many students from this...
Information systems MBA programs blend technical courses with management and business training. Get program specifics and find out about...
Students interested in both business and computers may enroll in a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Information Management...
- MBA Teachings Online Video
- Law School and MBA Degree Online
- Hospitality MBA Degree
- Correspondence MBA Degree
- Environmental Management and MBA Degree
- Executive MBA Degree
- MBA in NJ
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Supply Chain Management
- Online MBA in Professional Accountancy
- Master of Business Administration (Online MBA): Online Degree Overview
- Distance Learning MBA in Business Management: Program Overview
- MBA Programs in Global Management and Business Relations: Program Info
Find out how to become a restaurant health inspector. Research the education requirements and learn about the experience you need to advance...
Research the requirements to become a TV reporter. Learn about the job description and duties, and read the step-by-step process to start a...
Research online disaster and emergency management courses and programs. Find out what you can learn in these courses and what you'll need...
If you want to pursue a career in disaster management, master's degree programs in disaster management and emergency and disaster...
Perfect School Search
10 Popular Schools
The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.
- MS in Applied Economics
- MA in Public Management
- M.B.A. with an Emphasis in Project Management
- Master of Science in Organizational Growth and Sales
- MBA: Accounting
- MBA: Finance
- MBA: Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration - Triple Concentration
- Master of Business Administration - Dual Finance/International Business
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA Dual Concentration: HR & Project Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: BS Mgmt. & HR
- MBA Dual Concentration in Business Mgmt & Project Mgmt
- MBA in Technology Management
- MBA Dual Concentration in Accounting & Project Management