If you want to attend a college or university in Watertown, Massachusetts, you have a wide range of options. Here, you can look at data from the National Center for Education Statistics to help you make a decision.
Closest Schools to Watertown, Massachusetts
Because Watertown is located very near Boston, Massachusetts, there are over a hundred schools nearby. If you're looking to minimize your commute, check out the schools that are the shortest distance from Watertown.
- Cambridge College (2.5 miles)
- Harvard University (2.5 miles)
- Lesley University (2.5 miles)
- Bentley University (2.5 miles)
- Brandeis University (3.1 miles)
Largest Schools Near Watertown, Massachusetts
In the Watertown area, you can choose between small, mid-size, and large institutions. Check out the five largest universities in the area if you're looking for a school with a large student body.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,791 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (17,179 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,756 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net cost for colleges and universities by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students. If college affordability is a major concern for you, one of the following five schools may be a good choice. Statistics are for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842 per year)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977 per year)
- North Shore Community College ($7,523 per year)
- Massasoit Community College ($7,663 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate, as reported by NCES, represents the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduated in 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their degree program. The following five Watertown-area schools have the highest graduation rates. All of these rates were above 90% for students who finished in 2015.
- Harvard University (98%)
- Wellesley College (93%)
- Tufts University (93%)
- Boston College (92%)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (92%)
Overall, it can be helpful to examine location, student population size, net price, and graduation rate when deciding whether one of the schools in the Watertown, Massachusetts area meets your college criteria.