The township of Wayne, NJ, may have limited school options, but there are many 4-year institutions, career schools and community colleges located in nearby towns. To help students find out which school is a good fit for their goals, use data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) covering factors such as location, size, price, and graduation rate.
Closest Schools to Wayne, New Jersey
While there is only 1 traditional school in Wayne, there are several other schools within driving distance. There is a combination of public and private institutions, offering both associate's and bachelor's degrees. Below are the 5 schools closest to Wayne.
- William Paterson University of New Jersey (downtown Wayne)
- Berkeley College-Woodland Park (4.3 miles away)
- Passaic County Community College (4.3 miles away)
- Caldwell University (6.9 miles away)
- Montclair State University (7.4 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Wayne, New Jersey
There are several moderate to large schools near Wayne, with the top 5 schools ranging from roughly 11,500 to 20,000. Among the top 5 schools are 3 community colleges and 2 public universities. The 5 largest schools near Wayne in order from largest to smallest are:
- Montclair State University (20,022 total students)
- Bergen Community College (15,651 total students)
- Kean University (14,359 total students)
- Union County College (11,781 total students)
- Essex County College (11,468 total students)
Lowest Net Price
Cost is a major factor in many students' college decisions, so researching net prices can be helpful to make an informed choice. The NCES examines the costs of in-state tuition, fees, textbooks and other educational supplies and the subtracts the average financial aid project to determine the net prices at colleges and universities. According to 2014-2015 data from the NCES, the following 5 schools have the lowest net prices for full-time undergrads.
- Union County College ($4,102)
- Bergen Community College ($6,187)
- Hudson County Community College ($6,791)
- County College of Morris ($6,858)
- New Jersey City University ($7,753)
Highest Graduation Rate
A graduation rate can help students get some insight into the educational quality at a postsecondary institution. The NCES collects graduation stats for schools' full-time undergrads who completed their program within 150% of the normal completion time. Based on this information, these 5 schools have the highest graduation rates for 2015 near Wayne.
- Stevens Institute of Technology (82% graduation rate)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (74% graduation rate)
- Rutgers University-Newark (68% graduation rate)
- Drew University (67% graduation rate)
- Montclair State University (66% graduation rate)
In order to make an informed and confident college selection, prospective students near Wayne, NJ, may consider critical evaluation factors including, location, student population, cost, and graduation rate.