This article takes a look at colleges in the West Hills region with respect to the following four criteria, and lists the top traditional schools meeting the criteria. Data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) was used to populate these lists.
Closest Schools to West Hills, California
There are about 70 traditional public and private schools located within 25 miles of West Hills - a neighborhood in Los Angeles, CA. Following are five traditional schools closest to West Hills with distances in parentheses for students interested in commuting.
- Los Angeles Pierce College (4.1 miles)
- California State University - Northridge (7.5 miles)
- Los Angeles ORT College - Van Nuys Campus (10.0 miles)
- Los Angeles Valley College (11.7 miles)
- Mount Saint Mary's University (12.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near West Hills, California
Out of the five largest traditional schools, three are 4-year institutions (2 public and one private) and two are 2-year schools (both public). All but one of the schools (Santa Monica College) are located in large cities.
- University of Southern California (42,453)
- University of California - Los Angeles (41,845)
- California State University - Northridge (40,131)
- Santa Monica College (30,158)
- Los Angeles Pierce College (21,034)
Lowest Net Price
Price is a serious consideration for many college-bound students. The NCES calculates the net price of attending a college by subtracting the average scholarship and grant awards received by students applying for financial aid from the tuition, fees, and living expenses likely to be incurred by in-state students. The five traditional West Hills area schools with the lowest net prices according to NCES statistics for full-time undergraduates - all 2-year schools - are shown below:
- Los Angeles ORT College - Van Nuys Campus ($1,088)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Moorpark College ($4,006)
- Los Angeles City College ($6,621)
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College ($6,686)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES regards a student who finishes a program of study within 150% of the time nominally required as a graduate of that program, for the purposes of calculating its graduation rate statistics. Five West Hills area traditional, non-specialized, public and private schools with the highest graduation rates based on NCES figures are shown below:
- Argosy University - Los Angeles (100%)
- University of Southern California (92%)
- University of California - Los Angeles (91%)
- Los Angeles ORT College - Van Nuys Campus (88%)
- Occidental College (88%)
In the West Hills, California area there are many affordable schools with high graduation rates that can be found close to West Hills and offer a large student body to help as you complete your search for your continued education.