There many traditional schools near Westerville that offer programs in a variety of fields of study. We explore these non-specialty schools and compare them using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) based on categories including proximity to Westerville, student population, price, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Westerville, Ohio
Most of the closest schools to Westerville are 2-year (or less) institutions. The closest schools are also almost entirely private institutions.
- Hondros College (located downtown)
- Otterbein University (located downtown)
- Bradford School (7.4 miles from downtown)
- Ohio Dominican University (7.4 miles from downtown)
- Ohio State University-Main Campus (9.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Westerville, Ohio
Many of the largest schools near Westerville are 4-year private schools, but the two largest schools in the area are public. Several of the larger institutions offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Ohio State University-Main Campus (58,663 students)
- Columbus State Community College (25,983 students)
- Franklin University (5,102 students)
- Capital University (3,465 students)
- Otterbein University (2,808 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates schools' net prices by determining the total cost to attend a school and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid that full-time undergrad students typically receive. The net prices reported are NCES calculations from the 2014-2015 school year. Roughly half of all schools in the region had net prices below $20,000 that year.
- Columbus State Community College ($5,992)
- Bradford School ($16,871)
- Ohio State University-Main Campus ($18,502)
- Ohio Dominican University ($21,740)
- Capital University ($22,016)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES also calculates schools' overall graduation rates by finding the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their chosen programs within 150% of the normal time. These rates varied greatly among schools in the area; the lowest figure was 6% while the highest rate was 99%, according to NCES figures from 2015.
- Ohio State University-Main Campus (83% graduation rate)
- Bradford School (80% graduation rate)
- Denison University (80% graduation rate)
- Ohio Wesleyan University (71% graduation rate)
- Capital University (63% graduation rate)
The Westerville, OH, area is home to several 2-year and 4-year traditional schools that offer students different graduation rates, net prices, sizes, and locations to choose from.