We focus this article on schools near Whitehall, PA that offer more traditional programs of study, typically leading to a degree. Data taken from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) was utilized to build our lists of schools in each category below.
Schools Closest to Whitehall, Pennsylvania
Since Whitehall is so close to Allentown, it comes as little surprise that the area is home to a diverse selection of schools. Most of these schools are liberal arts colleges and universities. Students looking for schools in this area can find many within 8 miles of downtown Whitehall.
- Cedar Crest College (3.5 miles)
- Muhlenberg College (3.5 miles)
- Moravian College (4.9 miles)
- Lehigh Carbon Community College (6.2 miles)
- Lehigh University (7.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Whitehall, Pennsylvania
The largest area schools range in student population from around 10,500 down to about 3,200 students. Larger schools may offer more program variety for students. Out of the five largest schools, three are 4-year schools and two are 2-year schools.
- Northampton County Area Community College (10,531)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (9,218)
- Lehigh University (7,119)
- Lehigh Carbon Community College (6,779)
- DeSales University (3,190)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost is another consideration for prospective postsecondary students. NCES calculates each school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attending a school. Several of the schools near Whitehall had net prices of $20,000 or higher for the 2014-2015 academic year, although there were cheaper options. The following schools had the lowest net prices in the Whitehall area for full-time undergraduate students. Not surprisingly, the two lowest net price schools are both community colleges.
- Lehigh Carbon Community College ($5,152)
- Northampton County Area Community College ($6,414)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley ($13,760)
- Cedar Crest College ($18,500)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania ($18,822)
Highest Graduation Rate
When evaluating potential schools, students also might consider how successful their students are. Graduation rates are a good indication of this. NCES calculates a school's overall graduation rate by totaling the number of first-time, full-time undergraduate students who finish their degree or certificate program within 150% of the 'normal' completion time (e.g., 3 years for an associate's degree or 6 years for a bachelor's degree). Some of the schools near Whitehall have graduation rates that fall below 50% (one is as low as 15%). The schools listed below have the highest graduation rates in the Whitehall area of students who began their studies in 2009.
- Lafayette College (90%)
- Lehigh University (88%)
- Muhlenberg College (85%)
- DeSales University (70%)
- Moravian College (69%)
As you continue your search to find a postsecondary institution in the Whitehall, PA area that meets your needs, you can use the aforementioned information from the NCES to find the closest schools, the largest schools, the lowest cost schools and schools with higher graduation rates for the area.