Wichita, Kansas, has many 2-year and 4-year post-secondary institutions. Through information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), you can learn about the schools' proximity, student population, net price, and graduation rate.
Closest School to Wichita, Kansas
All institutions nearest Wichita, Kansas, offer undergraduate degree programs. If you opt to pursue your studies within 6 miles of the city, then you can choose from among the schools included below.
- Friends University (1.8 miles)
- Newman University (1.8 miles)
- Wichita State University (3.4 miles)
- National American University-Wichita (5.5 miles)
- National American University-Wichita West (5.6 miles)
Largest School Near Wichita, Kansas
Wichita State University, a public institution, has the largest student population in Wichita Kansas. It had a total of 14,995 students in Fall 2014. The majority of those enrolled were undergraduates, numbering 11,977 students. Other large schools in the area consist of a mixture of public, private not-for-profit, and private for-profit institutions.
- Newman University (3,687 students: 2,732 undergraduates)
- Wichita Area Technical College (3,373 students: all undergraduates)
- Friends University (1,882 students: 1,344 undergraduates)
- National American University-Wichita West (296 students: all undergraduates)
- National American University-Wichita (259 students: all undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Cost
Net prices for traditional schools in the Wichita area ranged from roughly $11,000 to more than $20,000 in 2014-2015, according to NCES. The net price is a result of subtracting any institutional or government aid a full-time undergraduate student receives from the total cost of in-state attendance. The schools in Wichita, Kansas, with the lowest net prices include:
- Wichita Area Technical College ($10,936)
- Wichita State University ($12,926)
- Newman University ($14,407)
- National American University-Wichita ($16,437)
- Friends University ($18,662)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by NCES in 2015 were based on full-time undergraduate students who completed their chosen degree program within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). The schools included below had graduation rates that ranged from 31% to 50%, according to NCES figures.
- Newman University (50%)
- Wichita State University (43%)
- National American University-Wichita (42%)
- Friends University (41%)
- Wichita Area Technical College (31%)
Depending on your priorities, there are a number of schools to choose from in Wichita, Kansas.