Schools in the Winfield area are a mix of private not-for-profit colleges, for-profit colleges and small and large public schools. Those schools (excluding the for-profits) are sorted based on location to downtown, net price, graduation rate and student population based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Winfield, KS
The closest schools to the town of Winfield are a mixture of 2-year and 4-year public and private non-profit institutions. Most of the nearby schools are 30-40 miles away from the town.
- Southwestern College (located in Winfield)
- Cowley County Community College (12.2 miles from downtown)
- Wichita State University (36.1 miles from downtown)
- Friends University (36.2 miles from downtown)
- Newman University (36.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Winfield, KS
The largest schools near Winfield, Kansas, had more than 8,000 students, as of fall 2015. Most of the largest institutions in the area are public schools.
- Wichita State University (14,240 students)
- Butler Community College (8,950 students)
- Newman University (3,595 students)
- Wichita Area Technical College (3,318 students)
- Cowley County Community College (3,083 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Since the cost of education is a factor in selecting schools, the NCES has determined that the lowest net price is formed by subtracting the amount of financial aid received from the total price of attendance. Some of the less expensive options in the Winfield vicinity (as of 2014-2015 for full-time undergrads), including the following schools:
- Butler Community College ($6,623)
- Cowley County Community College ($8,934)
- Wichita Area Technical College ($10,936)
- Wichita State University ($12,926)
- Newman University ($14,407)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates are calculated by totaling the number of first-time undergraduate students who complete a degree or certificate program within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g., three years for an associate's degree or six years for a bachelor's degree). Although more than half of the area's schools have a graduation rate below 45%, there also are several schools with relatively high graduation rates. The following schools had the highest rates in the Winfield area for 2015, per NCES.
- Newman University (50% graduation rate)
- Southwestern College (44% graduation rate)
- Wichita State University (43% graduation rate)
- Friends University (41% graduation rate)
- Wichita Area Technical College (31% graduation rate)
We've placed the public and private non-profit schools in and around Winfield, Kansas, into the categories of lowest net price, highest graduation rate, closest location and largest student population as a way of helping you choose a college that is best suited to your learning expectations.