Students in or near Youngstown, Ohio, can choose from a diverse blend of 2- and 4-year public and private schools, including some technical centers. Using information obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics you can learn here about the schools' proximity, student population, net price, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Youngstown, Ohio
Most of the schools located nearest Youngstown, Ohio, offer certificate courses and undergraduate programs. If you decide to study within 8 miles of the city, then you can choose from among the schools included below.
- Choffin Career and Technical Center (1.1 miles from downtown)
- Youngstown State University (1.2 miles from downtown)
- American National University-Youngstown (2.6 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Youngstown (3.0 miles from downtown)
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center (7.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Youngstown, Ohio
Youngstown State University, a public institution, has the largest student population in Youngstown, Ohio. In Fall 2014, the total number of students enrolled there was 12,503, the majority of whom are undergraduates that comprise 11,267 students. The remaining schools with the largest student population are also predominantly public (primarily associate) institutions.
- Kent State University at Trumbull (2,799 students: 2,796 undergraduates)
- Kent State University at Salem (1,799 students: 1,797 undergraduates)
- ITT Technical Institute-Youngstown (511 students: all undergraduates)
- Trumbull Business College (192 students: all undergraduates)
- Choffin Career and Technical Center (160 students: all undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
To determine a school's net price, the NCES subtracts the average amount of grant or scholarship aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the estimated total cost of attendance. Most of the mainstream colleges and universities within 25 miles of Youngstown have net annual prices below $20,000. Included in this list are the institutions with the lowest net prices during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Columbiana County Career and Technical Center ($3,978)
- Kent State University at Salem ($9,753)
- Kent State University at Trumbull ($10,173)
- Youngstown State University ($11,135)
- ETI Technical College ($11,745)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines overall graduation rates by identifying the number of full-time beginning undergraduates who complete their programs within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g., three years for an associate's degree). Traditional schools in the Youngstown area had graduation rates as high as 85%, and those included below are five of the institutions with the highest graduation rates in 2015.
- Choffin Career and Technical Center (85%)
- Trumbull Career & Technical Center (75%)
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center (74%)
- Columbiana County Career and Technical Center (66%)
- Trumbull Business College (43%)
Depending on your educational needs and goals, there are a number of school options in Youngstown, Ohio.