1. Which of the following is an example of a transaction that might occur in business-to-business marketing?
a. a retail outlet buys athletic shoes to sell in its store
b. Sharon, a professional chef, bakes a birthday cake for her son
c. an amateur gardener buys a new wheelbarrow
d. Matt buys a new razor on his way home from work
2. Mach 3 razor blades must be used in the Mach 3 razor. Which type of pricing is most likely used for the razor blades?
a. penetration b. value c. captive d. two-part
3. Many marketers are now using new interactive technologies, such as Frito-Lay's online virtual convenience store, to reduce the cost of _.
b. Concept testing
c. Product development
d. Test marketing
4. Frito-Lay's _ gathers daily sales data and sorts it by product line and by region. The marketing managers use the data to evaluate the market share of different Frito-Lay products compared to one another and to competing snack foods in each region where the company does business.
a. Marketing information system
b. Acquired database
c. Geographic research system
d. Commercial research
Marketing refers to all strategies, decisions and activities related to four mixes - product mix, price mix, place mix and promotion mix. It involves creating satisfying relationships between sellers and buyers through studying and managing exchange relationships between the two.
Answer and Explanation: 1
1. The following is an example of a transaction that might occur in business-to-business marketing -
- a. a retail outlet buys athletic shoes to sell...
See full answer below.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Try it risk-free for 30 daysTry it risk-free
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 7 / Lesson 5
Business marketing is the practice of marketing goods/services to individuals and companies for non-personal consumption. Learn the definitions of four types of business categories, seven types of business products, and also the differences between consumer products and business products for marketers.