Review the most recent Income Statement for Zebra Technologies Corporation.
What Is The Income Statement:
The Income Statement is one of the four core financial statements presented in the GAAP framework. The purpose of the Income Statement is to show users the amount of revenue generated during the period, the expenses incurred, and the resulting income.
Answer and Explanation:
I ham using the 2018 annual financial statements since the 2019 annual report has not yet been released. Below is a summary of the income statement.
Revenue and gross profit:
- Zebra posted a top line of $4.2B in 2018, which is significantly higher than the $3.7B reported in 2017 (13% increase year over year).
- The company's gross profit margin was $2B, or 48%, which is consistent with the prior year's results.
- The company's operating expenses were stable at $1.3B despite the growth in revenue, which shows that the company has engaged in cost efficiency measures.
- There were no extraordinary losses reported in 2018.
- Income was $421M, which is $0.4B higher than in 2017. The company has posted significant profit for the first time in its existence, which is very promising.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Try it risk-free for 30 daysTry it risk-free
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
from Accounting 101: Financial AccountingChapter 2 / Lesson 2