State the functions of plasma.
Plasma is an important component of the blood that carries components like water, blood cells, enzymes, and proteins. They also have the presence of important components called clotting factors that help in the clotting of blood.
Answer and Explanation: 1
Some of the important functions of the plasma are as follows:
- Assist the transport of enzymes and nutrients to different regions of the body.
- Maintain blood volume, osmotic pressure and pH values.
- Extract wastes from the cells and remove them from the body.
- Assist cellular respiration by carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Facilitate the transport of neurotransmitters to the target sites.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Try it risk-free for 30 daysTry it risk-free
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 20 / Lesson 6
This lesson describes blood plasma and discusses its components and function.