The income statement of Garska Co. for the month of July shows net income of $2,720 based on Service Revenue $7,350; Salaries and Wages Expense $2,910; Supplies Expense $950; and Utilities Expense $770. In reviewing the statement, you discover the following:
1. Insurance expired during July of $560 was omitted.
2. Supplies expense includes $240 of supplies that are still on hand at July 31.
3. Depreciation on equipment of $180 was omitted.
4. Accrued but unpaid wages at July 31 of $360 were not included.
5. Service performed but unrecorded totaled $790.
Prepare a correct income statement for July 2014.
Service Revenue =
Expenses Salaries and Wages Expense =
Supplies Expense =
Utilities Expense =
Total Expenses =
Net Income/(Loss) =
The income statement is an important financial statement showing the financial position of the company. This financial statement shows the net profit or net loss earned during the financial years by subtracting expenses from the revenue of the company.
Answer and Explanation:
Income Statement of Garska Co.
|Salaries and Wages expenses ($2,910+$360)||$3,270|
|Supplies Expenses ($950-240)||$710|
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Try it risk-free for 30 daysTry it risk-free
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
from Accounting 101: Financial AccountingChapter 2 / Lesson 2