Which of these processes will lower the glass transition temperature of a glass?
1. Increase the cooling rate
2. Decrease the cooling rate
3. Increase the amount of network modifier
4. Decrease amount of network modifier
5. Quench the glass to cool the surfaces quickly
6. Decrease the number of defects
The temp that allows the attainment of the allotropic forms of material is known as the transition temperature. Also, the existence of two crystalline forms in equilibrium at the same time also signifies transition temperature.
Answer and Explanation:
See full answer below.
Become a member and unlock all Study Answers
Try it risk-free for 30 daysTry it risk-free
Ask a question
Our experts can answer your tough homework and study questions.Ask a question Ask a question
Learn more about this topic:
fromChapter 6 / Lesson 5