Access our interactive course library across K-12 & college subjects
Start learning Reading by topic or lesson
- What is Inference?
- Drawing Inferences in Fiction
- How to Restate an Idea and Summarize
- How to Explain the Main Point through Supporting Details
- How to Draw Conclusions from a Passage
- How to Interpret Generalizations of a Passage
- How to Analyze a Literary Passage
- Practice test: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
- Non-Fiction as Literary Form
- How to Analyze the Purpose of a Text
- What is Structure in Writing and How Does it Affect Meaning?
- How to Determine the Text Structure of a Passage Using Transitions
- Analyzing Sequence of Events in an Informational Text
- How to Analyze Graphic Information Inside a Text
- Famous Historical Documents
- Practice test: Informational Text & Analysis
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting an Editorial
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting an Article
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting a Speech
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting a Journal
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting a Diary
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting a Letter
- Practice Analyzing and Interpreting a Reference Book
- Practice test: Analyzing Informational Texts Practice
- Writing in a Formal & Objective Tone
- What Are Connotation and Denotation?
- What Is Nuance in Reading?
- Understanding Tone and Mood in a Reading Passage
- Constructing Meaning with Context Clues, Prior Knowledge & Word Structure
- How to Use Context to Determine the Meaning of Words
- Understanding Words By Their Relationships
- Practice test: Word Choice & Tone in Writing
We help millions of students every month
Browse popular Reading help
With a vast library of resources, you're guaranteed to find what you need to study
What our students are saying
Interesting, interactive, educative study material and videos that covered a wide variety of subjects with fun.
The lessons intrigued me and provided full detail and description with a variety of examples and evidence. It helped me understand and process the many diverse alternatives.
Thank you so much for this beautifully laid out learning module. Study.com is the most up-to-date and precise way to learn. Awesome, thank you!
The lessons and resources help break concepts down into parts with a straight forward explanation. The lessons were also very easy to understand for my daughter.
Study.com clearly explains and gives a definition while showing pictures and text on screen. Makes it easy for the TV generation to learn. Thanks!
The lessons helped me in Spanish class. I had a 70% on my grade and I watched the videos to stud for an important test and now my grade is 95%. Thanks a lot guys, you rock!