Access our interactive course library across K-12 & college subjects
Start learning Speaking by topic or lesson
- Introduction to Communications 101
- What Is Public Speaking and Why Do I Need to Do It?
- Public Speaking as a Communication Process
- The Historical Tradition of Public Speaking
- Being an Ethical Speaker
- How Public Speaking Differs from Casual Conversation
- Managing Anxiety About Public Speaking
- Practice test: Introduction to Public Speaking
- Understanding Reasons for a Public Speaking Event
- General Purpose vs. Specific Purpose of a Speech
- Choosing an Appropriate Speech Topic
- Public Speaking with Time Limits
- Turning Your Topic into Main Points for Your Speech
- Developing a Thesis Statement from Your Speech Topic
- Practice test: Selecting the Topic, Purpose, and Thesis of Your Speech
- Effective Research Strategies
- Primary vs. Secondary Research
- Types of Supporting Materials for a Speech
- Using Search Engines for Online Research
- Evaluating Sources for Reliability, Credibility, and Worth
- Selecting Relevant Support for Your Speech
- How to Conduct an Interview for Speech Support
- Practice test: Researching the Speech
- Visual Aids in Public Speaking
- Types of Visual Aids Used in Public Speaking
- Preparing Visual Aids for a Speech
- Using Visual Aids During Your Speech
- Using PowerPoint for a Speech
- Formatting PowerPoint Slides for a Speech
- Preparing to Deliver Your Speech with PowerPoint
- Practice test: Selecting and Incorporating Visual Supports
- The Art of Persuasion in Public Speaking
- Ethos, Pathos, and Logos
- Building Credibility to Persuade Your Audience in Public Speaking
- Components of the Toulmin Model for Public Speaking
- Examples of the Toulmin Model in Public Speaking
- The Differences Between Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
- Causal and Analogical Reasoning
- Practice test: Reasoning and Rhetorical Proof
We help millions of students every month
Browse popular Speaking help
With a vast library of resources, you're guaranteed to find what you need to study
What our students are saying
Interesting, interactive, educative study material and videos that covered a wide variety of subjects with fun.
The lessons intrigued me and provided full detail and description with a variety of examples and evidence. It helped me understand and process the many diverse alternatives.
Thank you so much for this beautifully laid out learning module. Study.com is the most up-to-date and precise way to learn. Awesome, thank you!
The lessons and resources help break concepts down into parts with a straight forward explanation. The lessons were also very easy to understand for my daughter.
Study.com clearly explains and gives a definition while showing pictures and text on screen. Makes it easy for the TV generation to learn. Thanks!
The lessons helped me in Spanish class. I had a 70% on my grade and I watched the videos to stud for an important test and now my grade is 95%. Thanks a lot guys, you rock!