Access our interactive course library across K-12 & college subjects
Start learning Precalculus by topic or lesson
- What is a Linear Equation?
- Applying the Distributive Property to Linear Equations
- Linear Equations
- Abstract Algebraic Examples and Going from a Graph to a Rule
- Graphing Undefined Slope, Zero Slope and More
- Graphs of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines in Linear Equations
- How to Write a Linear Equation
- Practice test: Working with Linear Equations
- What is an Inequality?
- How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
- Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
- Graphing Inequalities
- How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
- Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities
- Translating Math Sentences to Inequalities
- Practice test: Working With Inequalities
- What is a System of Equations?
- How Do I Use a System of Equations?
- How to Solve a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With a Solution
- How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With No or Infinite Solutions
- Practice test: Systems of Linear Equations
- Writing & Evaluating Algebraic Expressions for Two-Dimensional Geometric Figures
- Writing & Evaluating Real-Life Linear Models
- Applying Systems of Linear Equations to Breakeven Point
- Applying Systems of Linear Equations to Market Equilibrium
- Using Quadratic Models to Find Minimum & Maximum Values
- Practice test: Mathematical Modeling
- What is a Quadratic Equation?
- Solving Quadratics
- How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
- How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
- Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
- Solving Quadratic Equations by Substitution
- Practice test: Introduction to Quadratics
- How to Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Functions
- How to Compose Functions
- Applying Function Operations Practice Problems
- Compounding Functions and Graphing Functions of Functions
- Domain & Range of Composite Functions
- Inverse Functions
- Understanding and Graphing the Inverse Function
- Practice test: Understanding Function Operations
- Terminology of Polynomial Functions
- How to Evaluate a Polynomial in Function Notation
- Understanding Basic Polynomial Graphs
- Finding Intervals of Polynomial Functions
- Short Run & Long Run Behavior of Polynomials
- How to Graph Cubics, Quartics, Quintics and Beyond
- Pascal's Triangle
- Practice test: Polynomial Functions Basics
- Solving Higher Degree Polynomials
- How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Polynomials
- Factoring Polynomials Using Quadratic Form
- How to Divide Polynomials with Long Division
- How to Use Synthetic Division to Divide Polynomials
- Remainder Theorem & Factor Theorem
- Dividing Polynomials with Long and Synthetic Division
- Practice test: Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions
- Solving Equations & Inequalities Involving Rational Functions
- Graphing & Analyzing Rational Functions
- Finding Slant Asymptotes of Rational Functions
- Expressions of Rational Functions
- The Geometric Interpretation of Difference Quotient
- Slant Height
- Practice test: Rational Functions & Difference Quotients
- How to Multiply and Divide Rational Expressions
- Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
- How to Add and Subtract Rational Expressions
- Practice Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
- How to Solve a Rational Equation
- Graphing Rational Functions That Have Linear Polynomials
- Graphing Rational Functions That Have Polynomials of Various Degrees
- Practice test: Rational Expressions and Function Graphs
We help millions of students every month
Browse popular Precalculus help
With a vast library of resources, you're guaranteed to find what you need to study
What our students are saying
Interesting, interactive, educative study material and videos that covered a wide variety of subjects with fun.
The lessons intrigued me and provided full detail and description with a variety of examples and evidence. It helped me understand and process the many diverse alternatives.
Thank you so much for this beautifully laid out learning module. Study.com is the most up-to-date and precise way to learn. Awesome, thank you!
The lessons and resources help break concepts down into parts with a straight forward explanation. The lessons were also very easy to understand for my daughter.
Study.com clearly explains and gives a definition while showing pictures and text on screen. Makes it easy for the TV generation to learn. Thanks!
The lessons helped me in Spanish class. I had a 70% on my grade and I watched the videos to stud for an important test and now my grade is 95%. Thanks a lot guys, you rock!