Access our interactive course library across K-12 & college subjects
Research Methods In Psychology help
Start learning Research Methods In Psychology by topic or lesson
- What is Research?
- How to Produce High-Quality Research
- Nonscientific and Scientific Research
- What Is the Scientific Method in Psychology?
- Applying the Scientific Model to the Decision-Making Process
- Psychological Research Tools
- Non-Experimental and Experimental Research
- Practice test: Introduction to Research Methods
- Using Experiments to Collect Social Research Data
- Using Surveys to Collect Social Research Data
- Using Content Analysis to Collect Social Research Data
- Using Existing Statistics to Collect Social Research Data
- How Observational & Field Research Are Used to Collect Data
- Using Archival Research & Secondary Records to Collect Social Research Data
- Positive Correlation in Psychology
- Practice test: Data Collection Techniques in Psychology
- What is Sampling in Research?
- The Relationship Between Population, Sample & Generalizability
- Probability Sampling Methods
- Probability Sampling Methods
- Non-Probability Sampling Methods
- Issues in Probability & Non-Probability Sampling
- How to Determine Sample Size
- Practice test: Sampling and Generalization
- The Importance of Measurement in the Research Process
- The Difference Between Qualitative & Quantitative Measurement
- Conceptualization & Operationalization in Measurement
- Continuous, Discrete & Categorical Variables
- Scales of Measurement
- Types of Tests
- Types of Measurement
- Practice test: Measurement in Research
- What is Internal Validity in Research?
- Extraneous & Confounding Variables
- Physical Variables that Affect Internal Validity
- Researcher Variables that Affect Internal Validity
- Participant Variables that Affect Internal Validity
- Threats to Internal Validity I
- Threats to Internal Validity II
- Practice test: Internal Validity in Research
- What is External Validity in Research?
- Requirements of External Validity
- Generalization & External Validity
- Threats to External Validity
- How Novelty Effects, Test Sensitization & Measurement Timing Can Threaten External Validity
- Reactivity of Experimental Arrangements & Assessment
- Methods for Increasing External Validity
- Practice test: External Validity
We help millions of students every month
Browse popular Research Methods In Psychology help
With a vast library of resources, you're guaranteed to find what you need to study
What our students are saying
Interesting, interactive, educative study material and videos that covered a wide variety of subjects with fun.
The lessons intrigued me and provided full detail and description with a variety of examples and evidence. It helped me understand and process the many diverse alternatives.
Thank you so much for this beautifully laid out learning module. Study.com is the most up-to-date and precise way to learn. Awesome, thank you!
The lessons and resources help break concepts down into parts with a straight forward explanation. The lessons were also very easy to understand for my daughter.
Study.com clearly explains and gives a definition while showing pictures and text on screen. Makes it easy for the TV generation to learn. Thanks!
The lessons helped me in Spanish class. I had a 70% on my grade and I watched the videos to stud for an important test and now my grade is 95%. Thanks a lot guys, you rock!