Access our interactive course library across K-12 & college subjects
Start learning Civics by topic or lesson
- The Spread of Democratic Ideals During the Revolutionary War
- The Articles of Confederation and the Northwest Ordinance
- Weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation and Shays Rebellion
- The Constitutional Convention
- The Federalist Papers
- The Ratification of the Constitution and the New U.S. Government
- The US Constitution
- Practice test: Constitutional Democracy in the US
- Political Party
- The National Parties
- History of Political Parties in the United States (Pre-Civil War)
- History of Political Parties in the United States (Post-Civil War)
- Two-Party & Multi-Party Systems
- Minor (Third) Parties
- The Relationship Between Political Parties & Interest Groups
- Practice test: U.S. Political Parties, Voters & Electoral Process
- The Boston Tea Party, Intolerable Acts & First Continental Congress
- What Are Interest Groups in the United States?
- Development & Maintenance of Interest Groups
- Strategies & Influence of Interest Groups on American Politics
- Pluralist View of Interest Groups on American Politics
- Practice test: Interest Groups in the United States
- Development of the Mass Media & Journalism in the United States
- American Media Information Sources
- Media's Influence on the Public's Political Attitudes
- Media Bias & Criticism
- The Role of Media in Elections & Other Government Activities
- Rules Governing the Media
- Practice test: Mass Media in the United States
- Presidential System of Government
- Nominating a Presidential Candidate
- Primary Election Versus General Election
- The Electoral College
- Campaign Finance
- Factors that Influence Voters During Presidential Elections
- The Evolution of the Contemporary Presidential Election
- Practice test: The U.S.'s Executive Branch
- The Federal Court System of the United States
- The Power of the Federal Judiciary
- The State Court System of the United States
- Judicial Decision Making
- Constitutional Checks & Balances on the Power of the Supreme Court
- Original Versus Appellate Jurisdiction
- The Selection of Supreme Court Justices and Federal Judges
- Practice test: The Judicial Branch of the U.S.
- The Origins of Civil Rights
- Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas
- The Civil Rights of Other Minorities
- The Civil Rights of Women
- The Civil Rights of Americans with Disabilities
- Equal Protection Under The Fourteenth Amendment
- What is Medical Indigency?
- Practice test: Civil Rights in the United States
We help millions of students every month
Browse popular Civics help
With a vast library of resources, you're guaranteed to find what you need to study
What our students are saying
Interesting, interactive, educative study material and videos that covered a wide variety of subjects with fun.
The lessons intrigued me and provided full detail and description with a variety of examples and evidence. It helped me understand and process the many diverse alternatives.
Thank you so much for this beautifully laid out learning module. Study.com is the most up-to-date and precise way to learn. Awesome, thank you!
The lessons and resources help break concepts down into parts with a straight forward explanation. The lessons were also very easy to understand for my daughter.
Study.com clearly explains and gives a definition while showing pictures and text on screen. Makes it easy for the TV generation to learn. Thanks!
The lessons helped me in Spanish class. I had a 70% on my grade and I watched the videos to stud for an important test and now my grade is 95%. Thanks a lot guys, you rock!