Course SummaryThis 12th Grade English textbook replacement course covers all of the topics in a standard 12th grade English textbook. The lessons offer a convenient way for students to study, interactive materials for teachers to engage their classes, and an effective alternative to expensive or outdated textbooks.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Any instructor who teaches 12th grade English can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most English textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like punctuation, grammar and capitalization are perfect for briefly introducing a 12th grade English topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional English textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of essay writing, literary terms, American prose and British poetry.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online 12th Grade English textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our 12th grade English textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring euphemisms, symbolism, similes and other 12th grade English topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like metaphors, paradoxes and equivocations easy to understand.
- Differentiated Instruction: Lessons give teachers the opportunity to fit each student's individual needs - through video lessons, lesson transcripts and assessment quizzes.
- Simple and Versatile: Teachers and students can access this 12th grade English and any Study.com course from any computer or mobile device.
- Student Progress Monitoring: Each lesson, chapter and course integrates assessment quizzes and exams that let teachers evaluate the effectiveness of the material and student comprehension of 12th grade English topics.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online 12th grade English textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in 12th grade English class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings English lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb English themes and styles.
- Identify the 12th grade English topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging 12th grade English video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of the works of Ernest Hemingway, Langston Hughes, John Steinbeck, William Shakespeare and William Wordsworth.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any 12th grade English topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our 12th grade English course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about the Harlem Renaissance and restoration comedy as well as possessive and personal pronouns.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in English, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this 12th grade English course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand an English concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Capitalization, spelling and commonly-confused words
- Parallel sentences, compound antecedents and other grammar topics
- Correct comma usage and punctuation rules
- Imagery and symbolism in literature
- The works of Tennessee Williams and other American playwrights
- Examples of illusion and allusion
- Maya Angelou and works by other African American writers
- American dramatic works like The Glass Menagerie
- Significance of Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- Literary motifs
- British poetry and prose
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- The Most Expensive College Textbooks and Why You Should Skip Them
- Why College Textbooks Are So Expensive and How to Avoid Overpaying for Them
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Where to Find Free and Low-Cost Textbooks
- Win Free Textbooks for a Year
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses