- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 231
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Jane Austen: Biography and Major Novels
Course SummaryLet us help you work through the challenging topics in 12th grade English with this English tutoring course. Use our fun video lessons to review the same material you're learning in class, and then take the self-assessment quizzes to ensure you understand before moving on to the next lesson.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other 12th grade English work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn 12th grade English material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding British poetry and prose, American prose and drama, literary terms, grammar elements, usage rules or any other 12th grade English topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing 12th grade English
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in 12th grade English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning 12th grade English simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn English on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explore British prose, poetry and plays.
- Analyze works by African American writers.
- Read selections of American prose and drama.
- Become familiar with literary terms.
- Discuss the steps and concepts necessary to write a good essay.
- Explain how to use and cite source materials.
- Learn about common writing conventions.
- Become familiar with capitalization rules.
- Describe the different elements of grammar.
- Identify common usage errors.
- Understand the proper usage of punctuation.
- Explain the meaning behind different art forms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Graduate English Courses and Classes Overview
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- List of Free English Composition Courses and Classes
- Online English Writing Course and Class Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses