- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 135
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Drawing Conclusions from a Reading Selection
Course SummaryOur 12th Grade English: High School course is designed to help students quickly strengthen their knowledge of important English concepts. This self-paced course can be used to supplement a textbook, improve writing skills and prepare for upcoming exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Students can develop a quality understanding of high school English concepts with help from the lessons in this fun 12th Grade English: High School course. Expert instructors take an in-depth look at how to analyze literary texts, poetry, nonfiction, media and art. Lessons also explore literary pieces like Hamlet, Beowulf and Frankenstein and provide a comprehensive overview of argumentative reading, research skills, word choice and the writing process. Short quizzes and chapter exams test students' knowledge of lesson concepts.
Students can use the lessons in this course in a variety of ways.
- Brief but informative lessons can assist students in taking steps toward earning high school credit.
- Video timelines help students refresh their knowledge of English concepts by quickly and easily revisiting key topics within the lessons.
- Access to our experts gives students who have fallen behind the ability to submit questions about specific lesson topics.
- Quizzes and chapter exams help students assess their understanding of high school English concepts as they prepare for class discussions, quizzes and tests in school.
- Mobile features enable students to access lessons, quizzes and other resources in this course from any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Study questions, essay topics, activities and other Frankenstein, Hamlet and Beowulf resources
- Development of reading, research, speaking and listening skills
- Analysis of media, art, literary text, nonfiction text and poetry
- Summaries and analyses of 'The Fall of the House of Usher' and 'Story of an Hour'
- Analyses of Canterbury Tales, Wuthering Heights and Frankenstein
- Themes and summaries of Hamlet and The Glass Menagerie
- Examination of literary terms and devices, word choice and tone and the writing process
- Techniques for argumentative reading and writing, informative and technical writing and narrative writing
- Basics of peer editing, logical fallacies, character analysis and other 12th grade English concepts
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Course Catalog
- Online English Writing Course and Class Overviews
- English Courses and Classes in NY with School Information
- Online College Courses for High School Students: Course Overviews
- List of Free Online English Literature Courses and Schools
- English Classes in NJ with Course Descriptions and School Info
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- Graduate English Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses