- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 87
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Read & Write Numbers Up to Six Digits: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryThe chapters in this 3rd grade math course can help you make mathematics fun and easy for your students. You'll find lessons that can help you teach number sense, graphing, measurement, fractions, decimals, word problems and more. Use these lessons to supplement school materials and help students improve their math performance or as a homeschool teaching resource.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In these chapters, you will find video and text lessons designed to help you guide your third graders through basic mathematical concepts and operations. Short, engagingly presented lessons keep students interested, while the lesson quizzes and chapter tests help both teachers and parents identify' strengths and weaknesses and monitor their students' progress.
- Numbers and number sense
- Reading and building graphs
- Arithmetic operations with numbers
- Fractions, decimals and money
- Equations and word problems
- Weights and measures
- Clocks and calendars
- Plane figures, shapes and lines
How It Works
- Teachers can assign lessons consecutively or selectively depending on their students' needs.
- Students can replay video lessons as many times as they like to ensure retention of mathematical concepts.
- Each video lesson is accompanied by a written transcript with important vocabulary terms highlighted for easy recognition and reference.
- Text lessons lend themselves well to assignment as classwork or homework, and students can use these lessons to review arithmetic operations, problem solving, graphing, and basic geometry before a test.
- A brief quiz accompanies each lesson so that teachers can check to see how well their students remember what they've learned about numbers and number sense, geometric figures, arithmetic with money, and working with fractions and decimals.
- Each quiz contains a link that connects it back to the lesson so that students can check answers or refresh their understanding.
Using the Course
This comprehensive study guide enables 3rd graders to learn and practice mathematics in an easy-to-use and entertaining way. The videos are cleverly illustrated and engagingly presented, making learning math an interesting, fun experience. The readily-accessible online format allows teachers and parents to use this study guide as a tutoring aid whenever it's convenient. Since there are no links in the program to outside sites, a safe, appropriate learning environment is assured. This course can help parents and teachers to:
- Assist students who may need tutoring in math
- Help students with classroom or homework assignments
- Prepare students for tests or quizzes
- Engage students' interest in math
- Enhance their students' math skills as an adjunct to 3rd grade math texts
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- How Teach for America Can Help You Get Your Teaching Certificate
- How Gifted Students Can Help Teachers Get Other Students Engaged
- Reading Comic Books May Help Students Do Better in School
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- I Got My Advanced Students To Help My Struggling Students: Here's How
- How Students Can Really Help in a World Crisis
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses