- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 116
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Science? - Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryThis 3rd grade science course is a great way to help elementary school students work through homework assignments or prepare for class projects. Learn about science topics such as astronomy, light and sound, scientific investigation and more with these lessons and chapters.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Each chapter contains lessons that help 3rd graders review the science topics they're learning about in class such as the nature of matter, forms of energy, and force and motion. Our study materials have been created by professional instructors specifically to capture the attention of young learners. The interactive learning tools provided in the lesson quizzes and chapter tests are a great way for teachers and parents to assess how well their 3rd grade student understands these topics.
How It Works
You can use the entire course or review only the subjects that you need to work on, such as the human body, weather and climate.
- Printable transcripts make great study guides, or they can be used as a guideline for class discussion questions.
- Multiple-choice quizzes help students, parents and teachers understand where additional study might be needed and provide helpful links back to the associated lesson for easy review.
- Practice lessons enable students to better understand tougher concepts such as the classification of animals and may be reviewed as many times as needed.
- Lessons can be used to highlight important science vocabulary words in order to create additional learning tools such as flash cards for increased comprehension.
- Our lessons and quizzes have been designed with the short attention spans of young children in mind.
Using the Course
Our study materials are designed to encourage 3rd grade students to want to learn more about ecology, conservation, evolution and more. As an affordable tutoring option for teachers and parents, our materials are mobile-friendly and accessible from computers and tablets for convenient, flexible study. Parents and teachers can be assured students will learn in a safe environment, as our lessons do not contain links to other websites.
Teachers and parents can use the lessons and chapters in this course to:
- Reinforce the topics being learned in class
- Help prepare students for classroom tests and quizzes
- Add to the study materials already found in class science textbooks
- Create study guides and other learning aids
- Design homeschooling curriculum
- Climate and the weather
- Astronomy and the exploration of space
- History of the Earth
- Study of the human body
- Evolution and the classification of animals
- Conservation topics including pollution and ecology
- Light, sound, motion and force
- Energy forms and sources
- Investigation in science
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Computer Science Courses, Classes and Schools
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Natural Science Courses: Class Overviews
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Applied Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Applied Science
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- Overview of Police Science Classes and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses