- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 121
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Strategies for Reading with Purpose & Understanding: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryHelp your students review 4th grade English concepts with this engaging tutoring resource. These engaging online lessons simplify important reading and writing concepts and allow your students to study whenever it's convenient.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive English course is designed to help 4th graders review fundamental English topics, such as reading comprehension, literary terms, sentence types and the parts of speech. These short and engaging lessons break down important English topics so 4th graders can easily understand and remember. The included lesson quizzes and chapter exams help students check their understanding of the material and see which subjects they may need to study more.
How It Works
- Students can learn at their own pace. They can play/pause/rewind/fast forward the video and use the interactive video timeline to jump to key points in the lesson.
- Self-assessment quizzes can be taken immediately following a lesson. Teachers can also assign these quizzes in class or as homework assignments.
- Word-for-word transcripts highlight key definitions and concepts from each lesson. The transcripts can be printed to study offline after watching the videos.
- Chapter exams are included at the end of each chapter to help students solidify the English concepts they've studied.
- Students have the option of continuing onto the next lesson in the chapter or returning to their course Dashboard to find another topic to study.
Using the Course
The course is designed to simplify 4th grade English concepts and help your students enjoy the learning process. This affordable study guide can be used by teachers, parents and tutors, and it's completely customizable based on your student's needs. The course is available 24/7, and you can use any computer or mobile device to access the lessons and quizzes. The course Dashboard keeps track of your student's quiz scores and progress throughout the course, and the lessons can be viewed as many times as needed.
Parents and teachers can find the course useful in many academic situations:
- To help students prepare for upcoming exams
- To help students review topics they need extra help with
- To engage students with fun in-class teaching materials
- To supplement traditional English textbooks
- Understanding and recognizing words
- Reading comprehension
- Literary terms
- Reading literary and informational texts
- Reading exercises
- Stories, speeches, myths and poetry
- Parts of speech
- Language and vocabulary
- Capitalization, punctuation and spelling rules
- Sentence types and parts
- Basic writing techniques
- Types of writing
- Listening and speaking
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Engaging Students When They're Distracted by the Holidays
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Summer Classes Don't Have to Be Boring for You or Students - Use These Tips to Make Them Engaging
- Technology Dependency Gives Teachers Better Options for Engaging Students
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Making Open Learning Come Alive: Takaya Yamazato of Nagoya University Talks About Engaging Students in OpenCourseWare
- Student Volunteers Help Give the Gift of Reading
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses