- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 108
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Read & Write Numbers Up to Nine Digits: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryEducate 4th graders about mathematics with the help of this extensive course. Both teachers and parents can utilize our lesson materials as an extra resource that can be used to offer students assistance with homework problems, class projects, or to further explain difficult math concepts.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The series of lessons available in this course provides 4th graders with a full review of arithmetic fundamentals, math vocabulary terms, and step-by-step problem-solving guides. Each lesson is short and can be completed in 5-10 minutes, keeping younger learners focused and helping them retain more information. Teachers and parents can monitor student progress by reviewing each student's user dashboard, which keeps track of the recent lessons students have reviewed as well as their scores on available assessments.
How It Works
- Students who have fallen behind on certain topics, such as rounding or square roots, can use the chapter menu and find the specific lessons they need to catch up with their classmates.
- Video lessons provide an interactive way for students to watch, pause, and rewind the lessons, which gives younger learners the control to learn at their own speed.
- The lessons offer students the opportunity to practice what they have been learning in class, such as adding 4-digit numbers, multiplying in expanded form, using regrouping in subtraction, and finding the least common multiple.
- Both the video lessons and article-style lessons reinforce the learning of key vocabulary words, mathematical formulas and problem-solving strategies.
- Each lesson comes with a quiz, allowing parents and teachers to assess their students' understanding of concepts like the associative property, finding factors, estimating quotients, and the addition property of equality.
Using the Course
Our 100% online platform gives your students a thorough learning resource that also provides a fun and engaging way to learn about 4th grade math topics. Instead of costly, traditional tutoring at designated locations, students can use our more affordable learning tools, and they can access them from anywhere that has Wi-Fi. In addition, we keep students focused on learning, because we do not link to other websites that may distract young learners.
Teachers and parents will recognize the usefulness of the lessons in this course in multiple situations:
- To guide students as they solve homework problems
- To prepare students who are studying for an upcoming test
- To provide students with interactive learning tools they can use in the classroom
- To supplement standardized 4th grade math textbooks
- Number sense and numbers
- Whole numbers and their multiples
- Fractions and decimals
- Subtraction and addition
- Mental math and multiplication strategies
- Division fundamentals
- Using arithmetic to understand money
- Equations and word problems
- Shapes, angles, and lines
- Converting units of measurement
- Solving measurement problems
- Data representation methods
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Should I Offer Extra Credit in My Classes?
- How to Talk to Difficult Parents During Parent-Teacher Conferences
- When Students Are Parents: Finding Time for Homework
- How Materials for the Arts Helps Teachers
- 4th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- 5 Qualities to Look For in a Homework Help Resource
- Natural Resource Management Courses and Classes
- Chemistry Teacher Courses with Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses