- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 121
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Geography Tools: Maps, GPS & GIS
Course SummaryThis entertaining online course can ensure your students have a quality understanding of 4th grade social studies. Help them prepare for an exam, work on an assignment or boost their grades with fun lessons, short quizzes and more comprehensive exams that make social studies easy to understand.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Give your 4th grade students an engaging overview of social studies concepts that include geography, history, U.S. politics and government. Lessons in this course are presented in a fun online environment that keeps students engaged as they absorb various social studies concepts. Quizzes and exams are available to assess students' comprehension of all lessons, chapters and the entire course. Parents and teachers can share these resources in the classroom, at home or anywhere on-the-go.
How It Works
- Students can choose any lessons within any chapter to study topics in their sequence of choice in order to to excel on an assignment, quiz or test.
- Video lessons in this course feature timelines that enable students to skip to important topics and transcripts that students can print or read online.
- Short quizzes accompanying the lessons gauge students' comprehension of the social studies concepts covered and also determine which lessons should be set aside for students to revisit at a later time.
- Practice chapter exams and the final course exam ensure students have a comprehensive social studies understanding that can be applied in the classroom.
- Mobile features enable students to access the lessons, quizzes, exams and other resources in this course using any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Our experts can clarify any concepts students don't fully understand and answer any other questions related to topics covered in the course.
Using the Course
This user-friendly course offers all the resources students need to learn more about 4th grade social studies. Fun lessons, mini quizzes and practice exams are available around the clock for students to review before, during or after school. Tailor these resources to students' unique schedules and study needs, and allow students to revisit them anytime they want to get a better grasp of specific concepts. No lessons in this course link out to other websites, ensuring students have a secure online learning experience.
There are a variety of ways parents and teachers can benefit from this course:
- To help students study for an exam covering social studies topics
- To boost students' knowledge of social studies concepts in preparation for a class or homework assignment
- To serve as a tutoring resource for students who are falling behind in 4th grades social studies class
- To refresh students' knowledge of specific social studies concepts
- Geography tools
- Mountains around the world
- Western Europe's geography
- European feudalism and England in the Middle Ages
- Facts about the French and Indian War
- The American Revolution, its causes and important American revolutionaries
- How the U.S. government was created
- Early U.S. presidents and politics
- Reformers in early America
- Government functions
- Symbols and figures of the United States
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Social Work Licensing Exam Requirements
- Social Studies Lesson Plans
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Make the Most of a Work-Study Experience
- How to Become a Social Studies Teacher in Connecticut
- Jobs that Involve Social Studies
- Social Studies in Early Education
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses