- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 96
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Read & Write Numbers Up to Nine Digits: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryHelp your 5th grader learn or review important math topics, such as multiplication and fractions, with this kid-friendly math course. Using engaging video lessons and fun practice quizzes, this self-paced course helps young students have fun while studying math.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This convenient tutoring solution covers basic 5th grade mathematical concepts and operations, including multiplication, division, measurement, integers and fractions. Students learn from expert math instructors who use a simplified and engaging approach to teaching, which helps students easily understand fundamental math concepts and have fun while learning. The included lesson quizzes are designed to help teachers and parents evaluate their students' understanding of the course material.
How It Works
- Students have the option of taking the entire course in sequence or jumping to specific topics, such as square roots and exponents, on the course Dashboard.
- Students are able to work through the video lessons at their own pace by playing/pausing the video, using the video timeline and following along with the lesson transcript.
- Each lesson comes with a short self-assessment quiz to help your student practice answering the types of math concepts they've studied.
- Our expert math instructors are available to answer questions if students need any clarification or extra help.
- Students can continue onto the next lesson or navigate back to the course Dashboard to locate the next topic they want to study.
Using the Course
This effective online course uses a simplified and kid-friendly instructional approach to help your students enjoy learning and remember key 5th grade math concepts. We've included interactive lesson quizzes to help your student check their understanding of the material. The course does not link to any outside websites, so you can be sure your students are learning in a safe online environment. The course is available at any time and it's accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
Teachers and parents can use this course to help students in a variety of situations:
- To help young students complete homework assignments or class projects
- To help students review for quizzes, tests and exams
- To supplement traditional class materials and textbooks
- To catch up on information students have missed in class
- Numbers and number sense
- Whole numbers and integers
- Multiples and factors
- Division and multiplication
- Fractions and decimals
- Percentages and ratios
- Square roots and exponents
- Math problems involving multiple steps
- Geometric shapes and construction
- Probability and statistics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Summer Activities That Are Fun And Help Kids Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Math Quizzes
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Learn Math
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Basic Math Quizzes
- Math Videos
- Flashcards - ACT Math - Functions: Help and Review
- Flashcards - ACT Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses