- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 114
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Number Systems and The Base-Ten System
Course SummaryIf you need some help getting caught up in math class, our informative 6th Grade Math course can help you get back on track. Our lessons and multiple-choice quizzes allow you to review all the subjects you're learning about in class at your own pace so you can improve your grade or work through your homework.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This fun 6th Grade Math course works through important topics like decimals, problem solving strategies, tables and graphs, and geometric shapes. Our professional instructors have created these lessons to easily explain even the toughest subjects so you can master them. You can study any time that you need or want to on your mobile phone or tablet with our learning tools. If at any time you need help, reach out to one of our instructors with your questions.
The chapters in this course can offer help to students, teachers and parents alike.
- Students may choose from a variety of chapter topics to study and learn, or review the entire course as a great final exam preparation exercise.
- Math teachers can utilize the video lessons in class to offer students new ways to learn or assign the quizzes and tests in class or for homework assignments.
- Casual learners may find our mobile-friendly lessons helpful when reviewing information they already know or when learning something new.
- Parents can use these lessons to help their student with homework assignments or to create fun and interesting curriculum for their homeschooler.
- Number theory and whole numbers
- Word problems and integer operations
- Decimals and fractions
- Graph creation and analysis
- Basic equations and operations
- Strategies for problem solving
- Ratios, percentages and proportions
- Measurement conversions and systems
- Graphs and tables
- Geometric angles, points, lines and two- and three-dimensional shapes
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Math Quizzes
- College Math Courses and Classes Overview
- Flashcards - 6th-8th Grade Math: Percents
- Flashcards - 6th-8th Grade Math: Integers
- Flashcards - 6th-8th Grade Math: Inequalities
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Vocational Classes Help Students Perform in Academic Subjects
- Setting Up Your 2nd Grade Daily Class Schedule
- Basic Math Quizzes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses