- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 97
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Social Science is Born: History, Anthropology, Sociology and Archaeology
Course SummaryStudy ancient civilizations and early world history with this 6th grade social studies course. Containing fun lessons and quizzes, this self-paced course can help anyone who needs to review world history topics for exams, papers, class projects, homework assignments and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Work through this 6th grade social studies course at any time to learn and review important world history topics. From ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece and Rome to the early world faiths, these short history lessons show you the foundations of world history in an easy-to-understand and engaging way. The course contains lesson quizzes, chapter tests and a final exam to help you build your understanding of the historical figures, dates and events you study. You can reach out to our expert instructors if you have any questions, and because of the course's flexible online format, you'll be able to study at any time that fits your schedule.
Students, parents, teachers and casual learners can benefit from this world history course.
- Students can use the course to supplement their history textbooks and study for upcoming exams.
- Parents can work through this course with their 6th grade students to improve their history comprehension.
- Teachers who want to supplement their world history lessons can use the course's lessons, quizzes and transcripts in the classroom.
- Independent learners can work through this series of bite-sized lessons on any computer or mobile device, which helps them study world history at work, at school, at home or wherever they happen to be.
- Early hominids
- City-states of ancient Sumer
- Mesopotamian empires
- Ancient Egyptian history
- The ancient Kingdom of Kush
- Ancient Indian and Chinese civilizations
- Ancient Greek life and land
- The Roman Republic and Empire
- Early world faiths
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Online Courses in World History
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- World Religion Course and Class Information
- Iridology Home Study Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Leisure Studies Courses and Classes Overview
- Herbal Studies Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses