Course SummaryThis 7th Grade Earth Science enrichment course helps students start learning Earth science before taking the course in middle school. The short video lessons make accelerated learning simple and fun. Plus, quizzes and chapter exams let parents track their students' progress of advanced Earth science concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Students who want to take advanced Earth science topics will find this enrichment course provides a simple and effective way to ease into more challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Find current science topics aren't challenging enough
- Are interested in exploring and mastering Earth science topics now
- Want to get a jump start and prepare for next year's Earth science class
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this enrichment course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our Earth science instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who want to learn new Earth science concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with Earth's structure, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on studying how natural phenomena changes over time. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify Earth science topics you find most interesting, and skip the material you already know. If you only want to study rock deformation you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering Earth science!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you want to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning an Earth science concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the Earth science enrichment course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your Earth science knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Earth's spheres and how they interact
- Types of plate boundaries and the theory of continental drift
- Usage of seismic activity to investigate and analyze earthquakes
- Types of volcanoes, lava flows, and volcanic hazards and prevention
- Rock deformation and mountain building
- Reasons why Earth's topography is reshaped
- Thermal energy in solids and fluids
- The role of solar energy in Earth's temperature
- Energy flow, relationships and interactions, and metapopulations
- Pros and cons of renewable and non-renewable energies
- The scientific method and results reporting
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Earth and Space Science Quizzes
- Earth and Space Science Videos
- Jobs Related to Earth Science
- Learn Earth and Space Science
- List of Free Online Earth Science Courses and Classes
- Science Quizzes
- Earth Science
- Earth and Space Science Questions and Answers
- List of Free Online Political Science Courses and Learning Materials
- Equine Science Courses by Distance Learning with Coursework Info
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses