- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 209
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Capitalization Rules in Writing
Course SummaryLet us help your students get caught up in language arts with this helpful 7th grade course. These easy-to-follow video and text lessons can help students with writing, literature and grammar when completing homework or studying for a test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The video lessons throughout this course cover 7th grade language arts topics, including writing, public speaking, and literature. These brief videos are entertaining and informational, which helps students grasp essential language arts concepts. Students' comprehension levels can be tracked by teachers and parents by using the corresponding quizzes.
How It Works
- Students who are seeking assistance with a specific language arts-related subject, such as poetry or argumentative writing, have the choice of focusing on only the chapters they need.
- While following along with the videos, students may pause or re-watch certain segments as needed.
- The practice lessons help students identify grammatical concepts, including parts of speech, verbs and tenses, and when to use specific punctuation marks.
- Videos include corresponding transcripts, which emphasize key language arts concepts and help students follow along.
- Students may test their knowledge of writing, speech, and literature comprehension by taking short quizzes, which can help to identify areas that may need improvement.
Using the Course
This online course offers your students an interactive way to learn and understand the 7th grade language arts concepts. Parents and teachers can track students' progress with this affordable tutoring tool, and students can access and customize the program so that it's convenient for them. These lessons do not feature links to other websites, which means that students can maintain a safe and focused learning experience while they work.
Teachers and parents may want to use this course for the following purposes:
- To complement homework assignments
- To provide practice before in-class quizzes
- To supplement lessons or as an additional classroom tool
- To enhance the lessons from 7th grade language arts textbooks
|Punctuation & Grammar||Lessons explain capitalization and the use of punctuation marks.|
|Parts of Speech||Chapter covers nouns, pronouns, verbs, and other elements of language.|
|Clauses & Phrases||Students learn how to identify and use types of clauses and phrases.|
|Verbs, Tenses & Agreement||Lessons discuss types of verbs and their proper uses within a sentence.|
|Sentence Types & Components||Topics include structure, parts, and kinds of sentences.|
|Word Knowledge||Students learn to use context clues and other methods to identify meaning.|
|Figurative Language||Lessons introduce types of figurative language with examples for each.|
|Poetry Types, Devices & Elements||Topics cover forms of poetry, American poetry, and Shakespearean sonnets.|
|Understanding Literature||Chapter covers ways to identify and comprehend literary concepts.|
|Drama||Lessons define drama and explain its components.|
|Informational Texts||Students learn how to understand and compare passages.|
|Using Source Materials||Topics include how to find and properly use references in research writing.|
|Writing||Lessons introduce different types of essay writing and explain techniques.|
|Argumentative Writing||Chapter covers the components of an argument and how to support arguments through writing.|
|Listening||Students learn how to become effective listeners.|
|Public Speaking||Chapter introduces public speaking and offers various speech methods.|
|Speech Development||Lessons explain how to build a strong speech.|
|Speech Delivery & Evaluation||Topics cover audience, visual aids, and self- and peer-evaluations.|
|Collaborative Discussion||Students learn how to partake in collaborative discussions.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How to Help Your ADHD Child Complete Their Homework
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Peer Work & Partnering Up Can Help ADHD Students
- I Got My Advanced Students To Help My Struggling Students: Here's How
- Is the Pomodoro Technique Helpful While Studying Online?
- How Students Can Really Help in a World Crisis
- How Accepting Late Assignments Helped My Students
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses