- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 90
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Defining Characteristics of Living Organisms
Course SummaryThis online homeschool course is all you need to teach 7th grade life science. Homeschool parents will find that the engaging videos bring learning to life and make even the most difficult concepts easy to understand.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why it works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make biology, botany, and ecology topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
- Greater involvement: Take an active role in your child's learning by helping them to tackle course assignments.
What you get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to 7th grade life science, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Embedded Assignments: Assignments and projects based on course material give students the opportunity to contextualize and demonstrate their learning.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert science instructors any question about animal or plant cells, organisms, ecology and other 7th grade life science topics.
How it works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary 7th grade life science homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes, assignments, and unit exams.
7th Grade Life Science learning objectives:
- Label the parts of a cell
- Classify and describe unicellular and multicellular organisms
- Compare the ways organisms interact with one another
- Create a food web for a particular habitat
- Explain how the populations of two or more organisms are related
- Describe what genes are and how they influence an organism's characteristics
- Draw conclusions about how organisms change over time
- Classify organisms by their characteristics
- Identify and describe organ systems of the human body
- Assess human healthiness
- Model a plant, labeling structures and their function
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Make Life Easier For Homeschool Parents
- Homeschool Home
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Homeschool Parents: Use These 5 Activities When You Need a Break
- What Are Some Online College Courses that Teach with Videos?
- 5 Learning Tools for Middle Schoolers to Make Your Life Easier As a Teacher
- Online Life Science Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- What Degree Is Needed to Teach Online College Courses?
- What Certification(s) Do I Need to Teach Online College Courses?
- Automotive Technician Training Top College for Becoming a Mechanic or Auto Technician - Virginia Beach VA
- Food and Beverage Management Degree Program in San Diego
- Computer Security Degree Top School for a Career in Information Systems and Computer Security - Sacramento CA
- Legal Studies Top Rated Law School - Atlanta GA
- Top Ranked Information Technology Degrees - San Antonio TX
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses