- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 61
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Position in Physics? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis 7th Grade Physical Science enrichment course helps students start learning 7th grade physical science topics before taking the course in middle school. The short video lessons make accelerated learning simple and fun. Plus, quizzes and chapter exams let parents track their students' progress of advanced physical science concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who want to take advanced physical science topics will find this enrichment course provides a simple and effective way to ease into more challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Find current physical science topics aren't challenging enough
- Are interested in exploring and mastering physical science topics now
- Want to get a jump start and prepare for next year's physical science class
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this enrichment course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our physical science instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who want to learn new physical science concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with an examination of forces and motion, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on the use of mathematical relationships to find unknown quantities. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify physical science topics you find most interesting, and skip the material you already know. If you only want to study the periodic table, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering physical science!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you want to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a physical science concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the physical science enrichment course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your physical science knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Types of forces and how they affect motion
- The composition and characteristics of all matter
- Properties of the Earth and the solar system
- Chemical reactions and the processes that change matter
- The chemical building blocks of living systems
- The format and uses of the periodic table
- Mathematical equations for determining buoyancy and density
- Investigatory practices, data, and scientific experimentation
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Top Schools for Physical Science
- Distance Learning Physical Therapy Education Programs and Courses
- Physics Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in the Physical Sciences
- Career Information for a Degree in Physical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Science Major: Information and Requirements
- Physical Science Degree Program Information
- Physical Sciences Bachelor Degrees and Majors
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses