- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 85
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Defining Characteristics of Living Organisms
Course SummaryIf you need to bring up your science grades or study for an upcoming exam, consider taking Study.com's 7th grade life science course. This self-paced course has fun lessons and mini quizzes that break down important life science topics in an easy-to-understand and engaging manner.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As you work through this convenient study guide course, you'll review the fundamentals of life science, including multicellular organisms, ecology, evolution, plant structures, the human body and much more. You'll watch fun video lessons and take self-assessment quizzes that are designed to help you remember important life science definitions and concepts. The course is available at any time of day or night, so you can study whenever you have spare time. Our lessons are also taught by expert instructors who are happy to answer any questions you may have.
These 7th grade life science lessons can benefit students, parents, teachers and independent learners.
- Teachers who are looking for supplemental teaching materials can easily integrate the course's lessons, quizzes and transcripts into their life science curriculum.
- Students can use the course for homework help, test preparation and grade improvement purposes.
- Parents can use the course as a convenient tutoring solution for their middle school students.
- Casual learners who want to review basic life science concepts can work through the course at any time that's convenient.
- Living things and classifications
- Unicellular and multicellular organisms
- Ecology and population ecology
- Evolution, adaptation and extinction
- The human body and health
- Plant structures and plant reproduction
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Life Science Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Life Sciences Schools in Oklahoma with Course and Program Info
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Biology & Life Science Careers
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Top Ranked School for Taking Computer Science Courses - Knoxville, TN
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Natural Science Courses: Class Overviews
- Optical Sciences Degree and Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses