- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 93
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Demonstrative Pronouns: Definition & Examples
Course SummaryImprove your reading and writing skills with this convenient and fun 8th grade language arts course. You can supplement your textbook with these engaging lessons and quizzes, and study the course whenever you need to prepare for and exam, write an essay or bring up your English grades.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Take a look at this 8th grade language arts course to gain an overview of important spelling, grammar, reading and writing concepts. This self-paced study resource is a perfect option for anyone who needs to strengthen their English skills, reading/writing comprehension abilities and understanding of language arts topics at the 8th grade level.
You'll find short, fun and informative lessons that are taught by expert English instructors. You'll also be able to take the included self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to solidify your language arts knowledge. The course is available 24/7, which helps you study at any time that's convenient.
This language arts course can help a variety of learners, educators and parents.
- 8th grade students who need to study for upcoming English exams or improve their writing/reading skills can use this course to supplement traditional textbooks and get extra English help.
- Casual learners who are looking for a simple and fun way to study language arts can access this course whenever they have free time.
- English teachers can easily incorporate the course's video lessons, quizzes and transcripts into their language arts curricula.
- This course can function as a convenient tutoring solutions for parents who want to help their 8th grade students improve foundational language arts skills.
- Adverbs, pronouns and infinitives
- Spelling, capitalization and punctuation
- Sentence types and parts
- Writing revisions
- Reading response and comprehension strategies
- Interpreting visuals
- Literary devices and elements
- Informational texts, persuasive texts and poetry
- Reading practice for Flowers for Algernon and Anne Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- Online Novel and Essay Writing Courses and Classes
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- List of Free Online French Language Lessons and Courses
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Online English Writing Course and Class Overviews
- Career Information for a Degree in Travel and Tourism Management
- Be a Patrol Judge Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Judicial Clerk Job Duties Requirements and Career Outlook
- Family and Child Therapy Degree Programs in Augusta, GA
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Building Inspection
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses