- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 98
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Composite Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryIf you're a student, teacher or parent who needs a helpful 8th grade math study resource, check out this mobile-friendly and self-paced math course. The course's video lessons and interactive quizzes are great options for test preparation, homework help, tutoring and much more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Study 8th grade math concepts anytime and anywhere with this helpful math course. Taught by subject matter experts, this course is designed to present 8th grade math topics in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner. You can expect to study number theory, linear equations, geographical transformations, geometry basics and other essential math concepts.
The course comes with self-assessment quizzes to help you solidify your understanding of the material. Our instructors are happy to answer your questions, and you can access the course on any device that has an Internet connection.
This flexible and convenient math course has a variety of uses and benefits.
- 8th grade students can use this course as a handy textbook supplement and test preparation resource.
- Parents can tutor their students with the course's video lessons, quizzes and chapter exams.
- The course can help any independent learner who wants to study basic math concepts whenever they have spare time.
- Math instructors can supplement their math curriculum with the course's lessons, transcripts and assessments.
- Number theory and systems
- Solving real-world math problems
- Algebraic equations and expressions
- Line and inequality graphing
- Linear equations and proportional relationships
- Systems of linear equations
- Graphical transformations
- The geometry of similar and congruent figures
- Triangle properties
- Three-dimensional objects
- Calculating and evaluating probability
- Graphing and measuring statistical distributions
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Math Quizzes
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Basic Math Quizzes
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Teachers Using Videos to Teach Math to ADHD Kids: A Case Study
- Math Videos
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Flashcards - 6th-8th Grade Math: Inequalities
- Flashcards - 6th-8th Grade Math: Percents
- Flashcards - 6th-8th Grade Math: Integers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses