- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 61
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Position in Physics? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis 8th Grade Physical Science textbook replacement course covers all of the topics in a standard physical science textbook. The lessons offer a convenient way for students to study, interactive materials for teachers to engage their classes, and an effective alternative to expensive or outdated textbooks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - The Periodic Table: Properties of Groups and Periods||Take Quiz|
Any instructor who teaches 8th grade physical science can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most physical science textbooks.
How It Works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like Newton's laws and Earth's place in the solar system are perfect for briefly introducing a physical science topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional science textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of basic physics, matter and energy and Earth's rotation and revolution.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online 8th Grade Physical Science textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our 8th Grade Physical Science Textbook course can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on science textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring elements and compounds, the objects in our solar system and other physical science topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like speed and acceleration easy to understand.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of physical science as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
- Help Students Keep Up: Teachers can assign lessons directly from the course to students who need further help with specific physical science topics or who missed class.
- Simple and Versatile: Teachers and students can access this physical science and any Study.com course from any computer or mobile device.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online 8th Grade Physical Science Textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in your physical science class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings physical science lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb physical science concepts, theories, scientific laws and the contributions of prominent scientists.
- Identify the physical science topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging physical science video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like force and motion, the difference between a physical and a chemical change, and the three states of matter.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any physical science topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our physical science course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about Newton's Laws of Motion, the structure and composition of matter and the periodic table.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in physical science, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this physical science course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a physical science concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Force and motion
- The solar system
- Chemical reactions
- Organic chemistry
- The periodic table
- Density and buoyancy in solids and liquids
- The scientific method
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- The Most Expensive College Textbooks and Why You Should Skip Them
- Why College Textbooks Are So Expensive and How to Avoid Overpaying for Them
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Where Do You Get Textbooks for Online College?
- What Are Some Careers in Physical Science?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses