- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 107
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryExplore entertaining lessons and take multiple-choice quizzes to make studying earth science simple. This 8th Grade Science: Earth Science course can improve your knowledge of important topics and ensure you're easily able to prepare for a test or understand an assignment for class.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This fun 8th Grade Science: Earth Science course teaches you about water pollution, the rock cycle, differences between weather and climate and many more earth science topics. Our lessons help you better understand these topics, and the short quizzes and chapter exams can check your understanding of these topics. Our experts are here to answer any questions you have about solar radiation, magnetic poles, humidity or any other concepts covered in this course. A final exam tests your overall understanding of earth science.
This self-paced course offers a variety of benefits for students, parents, educators and casual learners.
- Students who need help understanding specific earth science topics or want to refresh their knowledge for class can benefit from bite-sized lessons, short quizzes and comprehensive exams.
- Parents can benefit from around-the-clock access to fun lessons, mini quizzes and other resources that can help their children better understand earth science.
- Educators can easily access this course in their classroom and use the lessons, quizzes and practice exams to strengthen and test their students' understanding of earth science.
- Casual learners who are interested in improving their knowledge of earth science can review the fun lessons then test their comprehension by taking multiple-choice quizzes and exams.
- How humans interact with the environment
- Structure of Earth
- Fossils, dating methods and properties of minerals and rocks
- Geologic processes, plate tectonics and continental drift
- Movement and processes of water
- Clouds, wind and the atmosphere on Earth
- Weather formations and characteristics of weather and climate
- Radiation and solar energy
- Tools and units used in astronomy
- Characteristics of our solar system
- Gravity and celestial motion
- Stars, star formation and the structure of our galaxy
- Characteristics of and interactions between the Sun, Moon and Earth
- Basics of space travel, satellites and the universe
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Earth Science Courses and Classes
- Jobs Related to Earth Science
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Earth Science
- Natural Science Courses: Class Overviews
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Applied Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Applied Science
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- MRI Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses